Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skanderb

Affirmations practice : Quality vs Volume ?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guy's, 

Just need some inspirations about how you practice your daily affirmations.

I have a list of 20 affirmations that are short, consise, and ideal for my current situation and life purpose. But I can't find the right approach to integrate them correctly and smoothly.

Should I stick with the 20 affirmations and read them all for 15mn every day for the rest of the year ?

=> I found that it's very confusing to read 20 affirmations several times in one 15mn session. I can't focus and I don't have clarity since it's loot of affirmations. evene if the phrases are short..

Should I just select the one most important affirmation and read it for 5mn every day for the rest of the year ?

=> I found that this approach is more efficient since we just focus in one thing, the integration process is smoother, but one affirmation isn't enough !!

What do you think is the best approach ?

Hey man! After reading your post, I felt called to share this with you.

So I actually discovered this free app recently called "My Affirmations". It's pretty damn cool because it allows you to organize and group each affirmation into different categories. It also has this slideshow feature where you can assign beautiful landscape images to each affirmation and it will appear on your screen in the order you design. I find this helps me stay more focused on each one. In addition, it enables you to record your own voice speaking the affirmations. So you have the option to either hear nothing (or the background music it includes) and just read them in your head, or you can actually listen to your own voice speaking them to you which I found to be the most powerful and works most effectively for me personally.

I hope this helps! ❤?

Hannah

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@VioletFlame I will definitely try it ! Thank you for the recommandations 

UPDATE :

I optimized a little bit my ritual since the last post, 

1. Reading only 5 affirmations (instead of 20) : I selected only 5 most important affirmations based on my top goals and priorities. It's definitely easier to recall 5 affirmations compared to 20 haha. I read each one of them for 3mn. out-loud and sometimes in my mind.
  2. Writing my 5 affirmations : After each affirmation session, I open my journal and write them in less than 1mn so I can really memorize them and integrate them deeply in my mind..
  3. Listenning to a Medidative Music Background while reading : I also found that reading my affirmations everyday started to sounds a little bit robotic. So I tested a new approach, reading them while listenning to a meditative music. It can also work with an inspirational/motivational music. It added a little sens of fun and inspiration to the process.
  4. Connecting with my emotions : Combining an instrumental playlist while reading my affirmations makes me feel like I'm in a movie living a hero's journey haha. It shakes my emotions and my motivation and it's so good to feel that way reading your affirmations.

This channel have lot of great music we can play while doing this ritual.

@Skanderb Would you mind sharing your affirmations, I'm curious :) Also, your post is the last drop of inspiration I needed, I've been on the edge of getting into affirmations again. So thank you for that kind sir :x