Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manas

Transcedental Meditation

5 posts in this topic

What are your view on this kind of meditation, I have been liking it so far

It's been a long time since I practiced TM but I found it an effective and easy to learn technique. 

I saw some downsides too. It was expensive for a basic mantra meditation which I could have learned from many other places. I guess I fell for the marketing (I was young and inexperienced then), when, for someone like me it's pretty much indistinguishable from other silent mantra methods.

Also for the money I only got one technique, whereas other meditation schools I've explored since teach a variety to suit your needs. 

How long have you been doing TM? If it's working well for you then that's  brilliant, I'm happy for you :)

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@snowyowl Did it for 1 week for 30 mins a day, I think It helped me rach the source of thought much better.

On 29/06/2021 at 1:48 AM, Manas said:

What are your view on this kind of meditation, I have been liking it so far

There are various forms of meditation, I have tried a few but it's so muddied by "hey bro this shit will make you feel relaxed!" Like fuck. I want to find God not chill out.

Transcendental implies by name, that it will induce ego death or something.

Is that right?

@RMQualtrough Yes it can induce ego death , its working mechanism is that it helps transcend thought in our mind by reciting a mantra in our mind.