Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

Feeling bad alone, need to be with people

2 posts in this topic

Hi

I used to be someone who liked to be alone from time to time, and I didn't mind.
Since a few weeks I feel like I have changed a lot, for the better, I love more, I often have moments of "intense presence" where I feel the beauty and craziness of the simple fact that I exist and I am often fascinated to look around at the people, buildings, stores, languages, beliefs,... I see so clearly the toxicity of society (overconsumption, useless gadgets, fast food, advertising everywhere, superficial beauty...) that it doesn't bother me anymore but I'm surprised how many people fall into the trap without asking questions.

Anyway, to get to the main point, since a few weeks I feel bad when I'm alone, I want to meet new people because I want to discover other personalities than my friends I've known for a long time.
I want to make new experiences, to go out more often to the point that I sometimes feel bad if I am alone at home the whole day or the whole evening. 

I do street interviews for my YouTube channel once a week but it's not enough, I have a hard time making friends in this context and I don't know how to do it and where to start...

Do you have any advice, have you gone through the same kind of change?

Thanks

Sounds like you're in a great mindset to meet new people and make new friends.

When I went through something like that, I just started doing new activities I felt drawn to, and new friends presented themselves.

Since you are a bit more awake now, you'll have a desire for meeting friends who you can share your new interests and thoughts with.

You'll find those while joining group activities that you feel align with you since your changes.

Do a lot of them and the right ones will present themselves. You don't need to push hard to get to know people. It will be more like magnets in sand: move them reasonably close and they will click.

When I went through a similar kind of change, I started exploring new things. For me that was:

• Improv comedy workshop, found a friend there
  • Tantra workshops, found a whole network of friends there
  • Toastmasters, found a friend there
  • Primal therapy, found a friend there
  • Joined a men's group of a guy from Toastmasters, found friends there

So just explore group activities that you feel called to, and it will happen. You don't need to work hard for it if it's right.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/