WaveInTheOcean

The Keyword Is Accept

8 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say that the keyword is to accept.

Feel that word. Accept. Acceptance.

Accept whatever comes up.

You can feel miserable for whatever reasons. You might have taken LSD and feel horrible scared/angry/sad because of what you experience. Fully accept that. It's perfectly okay to feel bad/horrible/sad/fear. Allow yourself to accept whatever comes up. Accept everything. In the end of the day, all we can do is to accept the present moment. Yes, sure in the loooooong term, we can change the direction of our lives. But in the short term, you have to accept the current reality you experience. Accept all of it. 

If you feel sad/fearful/depressed ... sure, you can try to resist it and internally fight it with the "I don't want to feel this way, why am I feeling this, I want this to go away"-mechanism. In the end this doesn't help at all, this is just a denial of pure reality. And denying what _is_ only leads to more suffering. Instead accept the state you are in. Accept the fear. Accept that you feel depressed. It's perfectly okay. You can't change the present moment. The present moment just is. Accept it, no matter if it's pure bliss or extreme hell - accept it fully. Only when you accept it fully -- surrender fully to it -- you can actually begin to live in the present moment without denying it - thus you become closer to true existence without filters, without beliefs of 'how it should be'. Reality shouldn't be in any way. It should be exactly as it is. Exactly as it is experienced.

Take LSD and become fucking frightened of what you see. Become extremely anxious of what a fucking douchebag you are. Of what a fucking closed, selfish person you are. And don't resist it. Accept it. That's how it is. Only when you accept the current state of your 'being', only then, you can begin to live freely and change truthfully. If you don't accept, but deny and resist and fight, you will keep denying, resisting and fighting for eternity, and not getting any further. So stop! And surrender to reality. Accept. Accept. Accept - whatever comes up - accept it. Accept the state you are in - and you will begin to flow in a stream of love down a waterfall into pure being.

What does accept mean? Well, only you know. I think it means to fully embrace the present moment with love. What is love? It can't be explained. It's a property of God/nothingness/the absolute/infinte infinity/pure unlimited consciousness/your deep-down True Existential Nature -- allow it to come forward. Even if you somehow feel it's not appropriate right now. That you think it's not appropriate right now, is just you playing a game with yourself.

You may feel extremely lonely. You may feel extreme fear because you feel like you're losing what you hold must dear: your sense/construction of self. Look. It's perfectly okay to feel lonely. It's perfectly okay to feel extreme fear because you are dying. Accept the feelings of loneliness and fear. Embrace them when they come up.
It's perfectly okay to accept all feelings, because all feelings are ultimately arbitrary and have no meaning, no value. The only 'meaningful' thing to actually value is the ability to accept the present moment. If you value that ability -- because trust me, you DO have the ability to fully accept your current state, you just trick yourself into believing that you somehow don't (and that you instead need X or Y in your life to feel fulfilled/happy - look, you truly don't, it sure seems like you need X, but trust me, you need nothing (literally)...all you "need" is acceptance of whatever is) -- then you will be completely free; like a bird flying over the ocean on a clear sky day.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

amazing words. I can feel that some of what has been said isn't to my level... I am quite sure that watching this video 5 years later and you'll still learn something new. thanks so much!

You do realize that to absolut acceptance is absolut bullshit.

Your already doing it. its not like you have a choice. and if you think you have a choice. you not actualy getting what the word means.

I would say its more about being aware as you can't try and accept. Acceptance happens naturally after applying enough awareness to your thoughts and seeing them for what they are.

On 13/11/2016 at 11:31 AM, NTOgen said:

Acceptance is the inherent nature of consciousness. You can't practice acceptance, any more than you can practice consciousness. You're already that.

Pure consciousness has no properties.

Struggling <--> Accepting are both merely relative concepts like everything else we dicuss on this forum.

However, relative concepts are still helpful of course. Otherwise I wouldn't have written this. 

So yes, of course you can practice appreciating the present moment / accepting the state you are in.

On 11/13/2016 at 5:26 PM, Svartsaft said:

You do realize that to absolut acceptance is absolut bullshit.

Your already doing it. its not like you have a choice. and if you think you have a choice. you not actualy getting what the word means.

Wise words.

@NTOgen

Guys,

The way I understand it is pure consciousness (you have to understand what that means) has no properties, this is true.

Pure consciousness is the "illumining factor" , for want of a better term, it's:

"The reason that anything can be ever known"

It has no qualities, but it's nature is "aware" and "awake".

When the intellect understands that this is who the real "I" is, it can be said that there is a feeling in the subtle body which is more or less the feeling of absolute acceptance. 

This is why some teachers say awareness is acceptance. Technically it's not, technically it feels like acceptance because the person is no longer seeking in those moments where the intellect regognizes this illuminating factor. 

It also "feels" like rock solid confidence too, because there is a knowing happening (again in the intellect) that this awareness is indestructible. 

"Accepting" of the present moment is for doers. When the intellect is exclusively identified with the contents appearing in the subtle body.  This is Samsara. 

The best way to deal with samsara as a doer is to accept it. Or just suffer.