Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elton

Self Actualizing As A Life Purpose

5 posts in this topic

Respected Leo, @Leo Gura

This is Elton from Actualized.org from the time I have seen your vedio on the million dollar question I've been trying to find my Lifepurpose.

I decided to go with automation engineering one and a half years ago as I thought that it was very important but was it meaningful? One year ago I got a job as an Automation engineer and in three months I realized that ya... it was important but not that meaningful to me no significant contribution to the world and all variations in this feild would be drivin by lack of love from my side. 

Then I gave a lot of thought to music which was my hobbie for many years, yes it would make me feel good but was it important and meaningful and is it worth the cost I will have to pay to be a master?  the answer is no.

I have had many ideas ever since I've purchased the life purpose course but many fears and many many doubts, if it would be important it wouldn’t be meaningful to me and vice versa.

But lately I considered self actulization something that I've already been doing and it is meaningful it is important and I love the mediums which is myself. 

But how do I turn this into my career?  maslow has done it and you have done it..  can I do it too? also I've not finished the life purpose course entirely I've reached the exercise where I have to read 3 biographies which I will. 

Do I go to the next session of the course of making it real or do all the remaining exercises? you are already my meta mentor and every week I learn from you I would love some advise related to self actulization. its a very very very broad field and I want to master it I love it and I don't understand how anyone cannot love self actualizing but how do I make this my career it seems impossible for me.. 

Who would pay me to self actualize? 

Basically you want to help other people to self actualize,right? Because just self actualzing yourself whole life wont contribute much to the world.
You are asking how you can do what Leo is doing right now. I can tell you its gonna be really hard to grow a youtube channel right now but you can give it a shot if you are really passionate about it. I think Leo will answer this question better.

Edited by Schulzy

@Elton

Having gone through the life purpose course myself, I landed at a similar place, where what I deemed most meaningful and important was this path that we all seem to be on. I even came to similar conclusion about pursuing music! :) 

I am currently experimenting where possible and delving further into this whole field in general. As you say, it is very broad, so I'm thinking there's bound to be a multitude of ways to help people grow. Video and Youtube is just Leo's preferred medium of helping people, what might yours be?

@Schulzy @Gavalanche do what you love and what your passionate about is what I have learnt from this course so that would be true learning of self actualization wich means mastery which means practice... I don't know about helping others, now its all about just learning all this material seriously, but no idea yet of transformation of this  into business.

Detachment from outcome needs to be practiced lets see now I will not go to the part of making it real (I've just now got this idea)  like right now that I'll just apply one by one all these core concepts to self actulization carring out my normal job and usings leos strategic motherfucker fucker video and many other such vedios..I sence that my life is going to transform radically I have many interesting ideas.

Tomorrow morning I've decided to break free from homeostasis and go all in. this thought also just arose now.

@Elton Yeah I have found it difficult to connect my current passion to a true desire to help others (as much as I wanted to have that desire). It seems to be growing slowly but surely for me as I start get more examples in my life of how fulfilling it is to help others.

You sound like you're taking the right approach in just focusing on pursuing your passion in its current form for now, learning and practicing and growing. I guess the next stage of really making it real or making a business out of our pursuits will come along, when the time is right. Best of luck!