Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aldo Marchand

Rigid Morality Versus Tolerance

4 posts in this topic

How is the best way to deal with desonest and criminal people ?

Working with tolerance and modern approach of correction or using rigid laws like more traditional civilizations ?

I particularly prefer more rigid ways of correction that gives less space to impunity.

Generally, dishonest or criminal people come from a place with a lot of fear and pain in their lIves. Responding with the same does not work.

Do some people need this style of punishment? Maybe. But your average drug dealer or petty theft guy? No. 

Most people just need some help finding their place in life. I think that should be the role of rehabilitation.

The key point is finding the balance between tolerance and suppression.

Edited by TheFrown

Most everyone is dishonest, only a few ever admit to their dishonesty and lies, Leo did a video on sneaky lies, it would do everyone good to watch that.  As for people finding their place in life, everyone is in their right place every moment of the time but only a few actually live life, life is living most people because they function unconsciously throughout their lives.  Trying to rehabilitate people is a failed effort, you cannot defeat the belief system and programing of other people,  It is not our responsibility to rehabilitate others, we should attend to our own work of awakening from the dream of the fictitious identity controlled by the ego and the desires of the identity or flesh, if we are going to pretend that we have a purpose it should be this and not some idea of saving the world.  As one awakens and change comes it is one more change in the world, change and evolution of human consciousness is a slow process, newage and religious nonsense dosen't work.  Change will come for each when the consciousness evolves enough to provide for change.  As far a dealing with dishonest or criminal type people, maybe its best to move away from those types rather than to allow them to have an influence on your own consciousness,  I fully understand that everyone pretends they can be around and be involved in anything and everything and not allow it to taint them, but that is more nonsense, what you allow and be involved in takes root in your consciousness, and once it has taken root it is going to bring change that really isn't going to be what an awakened being wants.  An awakened being is seeking the cleansing of his or her consciousness, liberation from the nonsense and insanity of what is going on around them.  Religious fanaticism, newageism, and liberalism is very destructive to the human consciousness.  Cleansing of the consciousness is not accomplished by being in and participating in destructive things, for me, I find that being quiet within my own consciousness allows me to function as a being of consciousness, as an observer first, seeing the reality of the events of the moments unfolding before me without attention and attachment, gives me an opportunity to over ride the programing, false beliefs, warped perceptions that has been created and allows for a constructive action to be taken if one is called for and necessary and if not just allow that event to die and cease creating no problems, rather than functioning as an unconscious human beings with a fictitious identity being ruled by the desires of the flesh and ego.  Also spending as much time in the space of consciousness beingness brings cleansing to consciousness.  Also in that space none of this would have even been spoken, but in communicating with others one uses words and says things in order to convey a message or point,  Seems to me that what is rooted in consciousness or quantum memory one would want to cleanse from their consciousness while they are alive and in this dimension as much as possible, often much of this is revealed in that place of quiet within consciousness, and we can look at it intelligently without bias and resolve that by embracing it, learning all we can from it, and create a constructive change from it, thereby erasing that quantum memory or cleansing it from the consciousness.  This is my own experience, not someone else's words, books or tv programs, it has been earned the hard way, a long hard road of trials and troubles that i created for myself out of ignorance, struggle within, searching, seeking for something that for a long time i could not even define, to finally see that it was liberation that i was looking for,  and if i would hold any desire it would be this, when the time comes to step out of this physical body, be able to do it in a conscious state of present awareness as a being of consciousness knowing that the real me was never born, never lost, never needed saving, and that i would continue on to the next stage of the evolution of my own consciousness, with joy and gladness and an eagerness to see what awaits my arrival and i am pretending that something actually awaits my arrival but in reality there is nothing beyond this moment until and if another happens.

I'm a firm believer in tolerance.

I have been extremely depressed and had to cope with really frightening thoughts and feelings that could have turned into actions. From that perspective, I feel like I can understand evil. I believe that there is potential for absolute good and evil in every person. I am no better than the worst criminal in the world. Maybe I am just more fortunate.

Don't hate people who are less fortunate than you. I try to live by this guideline.