ucan99

How Can One Know If Their Psych meds Will Interact With Nootropics or Not?

2 posts in this topic

I have been doing research about nootropics and want to try them to enhance my overall mental performance. However I use lithium 300 mg, lustral 50 mg, risperdal 1/2mg, valproic acid 500 mg and want to know if the nootropics I want to try will interact with these medicines. I tried online interaction checkers, but they gave warning even to my psyc meds which has not caused me interaction symptoms for months.

The image is from webmd.z7myeovna8271.png

This gave me a suspicion about the reliability of the information from such sites. And also, aside from the suspicion, how trustable are these checkers? How should one use these checkers? What reliable sources can I use in order to decide with utmost certainty if there is an interaction or not between my nootropics and psyc meds. My aim here is to have more than one source to decide what is true so that my decisions are smarter, and there is less risk of interactions.

Another thing is, if a nootropic is naturally found in the body(for ex. creatine) might that mean that nootropic has a lower chance to interact with psyc meds?

Something possibly to think about more than an interaction occurring is the chance that you may destabilize yourself with nootropics. You should be asking your doctor about any supplements you wish to take with these meds. Feel free to check online to double check your doctor's understanding. Sometimes they don’t know much about new chemicals. People can die or suffer serious injury from taking supplements in uninformed ways. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY