Clems

Advanced do nothing technique

4 posts in this topic

I’m in the advanced technique,  Here’s some questions that i have:

If i hear two person’s talking next to me should i keep listening to them and keep up with their conversation knowing it’s a content?

Is there a way to escape Content? ( i personally don’t think so xD)

If i focused on my breathing would it look like i’m trying to escape the content by concentrating on something else?

If my mind goes blank should i remind myself of awareness and go back to being aware of awareness again and hear/feel all the things that are happening or just be aware that my mind is blank? 

Thank you

Congrats on advancing!

Question: If i hear two person’s talking next to me should i keep listening to them and keep up with their conversation knowing it’s a content? 

Answer: There are no "Shoulds" or "Shouldn'ts" Do what you want to do at the moment it happens.

Question: Is there a way to escape Content? ( i personally don’t think so xD)

Answer: Yes, but i wouldn't use that word. More like - Channel Content.

Question: If i focused on my breathing would it look like i’m trying to escape the content by concentrating on something else?

Answer: Focus is key here. It empowers your abilities of concentration. To focus on breath is the best! Again, let the concept of escaping go out the window. It is a toxic thought. It can lead to all kinds of dysfunctions.

Question: If my mind goes blank should i remind myself of awareness and go back to being aware of awareness again and hear/feel all the things that are happening or just be aware that my mind is blank? 

Answer: Yes, remind yourself of The Present Moment and whatever it may bring into your experience, focus on it for a certain amount of time and then let it go. Turn inward again and this time ask The Present Moment to produce something else OR ask it to remain in Blank Mind. Pure Presence.

Hope this helps,

Greg.

Edited by Eternal Unity
4 Questions

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

On 24/05/2021 at 1:21 PM, Eternal Unity said:

Congrats on advancing!

Question: If i hear two person’s talking next to me should i keep listening to them and keep up with their conversation knowing it’s a content? 

Answer: There are no "Shoulds" or "Shouldn'ts" Do what you want to do at the moment it happens.

Question: Is there a way to escape Content? ( i personally don’t think so xD)

Answer: Yes, but i wouldn't use that word. More like - Channel Content.

Question: If i focused on my breathing would it look like i’m trying to escape the content by concentrating on something else?

Answer: Focus is key here. It empowers your abilities of concentration. To focus on breath is the best! Again, let the concept of escaping go out the window. It is a toxic thought. It can lead to all kinds of dysfunctions.

Question: If my mind goes blank should i remind myself of awareness and go back to being aware of awareness again and hear/feel all the things that are happening or just be aware that my mind is blank? 

Answer: Yes, remind yourself of The Present Moment and whatever it may bring into your experience, focus on it for a certain amount of time and then let it go. Turn inward again and this time ask The Present Moment to produce something else OR ask it to remain in Blank Mind. Pure Presence.

Hope this helps,

Greg.

Thank you so much for your answers it really helps! I have some more questions if you don’t mind!

2- So how can i escape the channel-content ? 

3- I tried focusing on my breath but i feel like i don’t really pay much attention on the content since it’s the one that i should be noticing when being aware of my awareness, or does breathing leads me to being aware of my awareness? I’m sorry This technique is confusing me a bit

@Clems Don't escape the channel. Merge with it until you call it your own. So, you are one.

Breathe when you can for as long as you can. If you're in the middle of a supermarket, overwhelmed by the people and self reflect, it may cause disturbances to stop and breathe, even for 10 seconds. Breathe once and go about your business.

If you have the mental capacity of being aware of awareness is very high level indeed. Keep extending the periods of time from momentary to sustained awareness. Not so easy to pull off but with practice, it can be accomplished!

If at any point you feel you are unable to actualize this technique - let it go, rest for the day and try again tomorrow a different technique.

Greg

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.