Clabber Girl

Real Estate Investing Ideas - Better for Society

2 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone -

In the past few years I have noticed many Instagram accounts, blogs and youtube channels dedicated to real estate investing education. I have bought my first rental property this past year and I plan on buying another this year. My long term goal in this endeavor is to cover my living expenses(financial freedom) in order to free up my time to pursue my life purpose. Currently I plan to continue buying rentals in a way that is meaningful and contributes to society that most real estate investors don't consider. Real Estate Investing Online guru accounts ramble on about their experience or goals or how to help you with your investing goals, but I don't see many helping those less fortunate or just clearly serving their own self interests. I have done lots of renovation work myself in the rental I bought this past year and I think that most of the value given to society is in the rehab of these homes so that people can live in a clean, safe place rather than being a slumlord that only seeks profit. Offering quality real estate to everyone in a way not done before is something I aspire to do with the majority of my career/life. I enjoy the creative side of rehabbing a home as well as the impact it can have on the tenant.

Here are a few ideas that contribute to society  - 

• Start a rehab business that renovates older architecture / historical homes honoring their stories, making them better as historic properties or museums depending on the property. International and in the USA.
  • Providing a maintenance service / property management company that will service group homes, shelters, sober living homes
  • Real Estate Development - Start some sort of affordable housing offering similar to a manufactured home community in area that needs it

I don't want to cater to those clients who want their dream home, I think the world has enough real estate agents/investors who will help them.

Thoughts/comments are welcome.

I love it. 

I'm going to start a career in real estate (in the UK, London) and also learning about property investment.

I've been having second thoughts about this though because I have this intrinsic need to have a meaningful career and make some contribution in life, however, the real estate business is stage orange and I want to reach higer.

Now, that I came across your post, it really opened my mind about the possibilities to not only make money out of this career but also try to be creative about making it meaningful and bring it up to higher SD stages. 

Thanks so much for sharing  :x

softly into the Abyss...