cetus

How Would You Live An Enlightened Life?

7 posts in this topic

Here is one example. "Timeless Time".

wow awesome, she seems pretty enlightened

for me, I'd go around using the powers to give people ego deaths while living a pretty ordinary urban life

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

12 minutes ago, NTOgen said:

Everything is already God/Truth. God/Truth can't actually enter the dream, and couldn't care less about it. Truth can't cross over into illusion, nonduality and duality can never be reconciled. The puppeteer in this case IS the puppetry, but can as such never be part of the show.

So it always strikes me as rather silly that enlightenment should require some kind of special life style or other outward characteristic at all.

The lady in the video can do what she wants, but I'm talking about all the people reading this who are looking for that specialness and think it has anything to do with existential truth. Nobody who is enlightened would think they're special. It's complete nonsense.

Nothing wrong with living life however you like it, and there's a natural appeal to "the simple life", but it really has nothing to do with truth. Trees or mountains or robes don't make people anything other than people, and have no bearing on the true nature of life.

So truth, as such, is excluded from life. Everyone and everything is part of the performance, and nobody who acts like they're God is any more or less an incarnation of God than anyone else. The computer that runs the simulated environment has no place in the simulated environment.

Trying to drag truth into life is as foolish as trying to drag the bathroom break into a stage play.

I don't think that's what anyone was saying. They were just admiring her choice of living. We know truth has nothing to do with how you live but it's great to see there are alternative lifestyles. Personally I've always felt like this mainstream consumer way of living is not for me and desire living similar to this woman. It dosent mean I think it's the path that will lead me to truth but simply how I'd want to live. Same for everyone else.

I do believe it's easier to get distracted when living in a materialistic society though fur to the hectic nature of it. Do what you wish though.

On 11/5/2016 at 11:31 AM, NTOgen said:

Everything is already God/Truth. God/Truth can't actually enter the dream, and couldn't care less about it. Truth can't cross over into illusion, nonduality and duality can never be reconciled. The puppeteer in this case IS the puppetry, but can as such never be part of the show.

So it always strikes me as rather silly that enlightenment should require some kind of special life style or other outward characteristic at all.

The lady in the video can do what she wants, but I'm talking about all the people reading this who are looking for that specialness and think it has anything to do with existential truth. Nobody who is enlightened would think they're special. It's complete nonsense.

Nothing wrong with living life however you like it, and there's a natural appeal to "the simple life", but it really has nothing to do with truth. Trees or mountains or robes don't make people anything other than people, and have no bearing on the true nature of life.

So truth, as such, is excluded from life. Everyone and everything is part of the performance, and nobody who acts like they're God is any more or less an incarnation of God than anyone else. The computer that runs the simulated environment has no place in the simulated environment.

Trying to drag truth into life is as foolish as trying to drag the bathroom break into a stage play.

xD Good arguments.

However...

If and when you become truth realized, and then self actualized (permanent freedom) you will discover that it will change your life because you no longer need anything to complete you.  So this kind of does have an effect on the person and the persons lifestyle.  You're right that consciousness does not enter into manifestation, because manifestation is a dream.  But enlightenment doesn't mean the person will just think "oh, everything is me so I can do whatever I like".. because what is there left to do...? Really? It's the very reason that the free person knows "everything is me" means they more than likely calm down and live a more righteous life because they really have nothing to gain from living a deficient lifestyle.  I know a guy who teaches and he hardly moves because his mind is so quiet and hes so content that he doesn't even work (he teaches full time free of charge), life just seems to look after him, his students give him great donations and put him up in their homes - honestly he really loves what he does and life seems to support him

But I agree with you that living a prescribed cheesy monastic lifestyle is nothing to do with knowing who you are.

Edited by GTITurbolover

@NTOgen I can't argue with any of what you said. :P Seems solid and good points. 

It's all pre determined for sure!?

@Maximilian

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:35 AM, Maximilian said:

This question doesn't make sense. Because first of all the effects of enlightenment (especially in the long run) are unpredictable. You cannot know how "you" will be after enlightenment. You might make your plans for what you will do after enlightenment, but enlightenment can turn the life of the individual upside down. There can be a total change in character and preferences. What you want to do after enlightenment might seem ridiculous after enlightenment. Maybe now you have the plan to master your business, finances, relationships, socializing, science, health and so on. And after enlightenment you end up sitting on the couch all day, eating Doritos and watching football. ;) This might happen or not. You can't know this beforehand.

Secondly, the perspective from which the plans for what you will do after enlightenment are made is very probably to a large extent contaminated by the ego. It is a fantasizing ego. This apparent "thing" is what is annihilated so to speak in enlightenment. So the plans loose their "originator".

I agree with what you are saying here. But just for clarification this topic was intended as a fun little thought experiment to explore what is in your heart. No more than that. No rules and regulations to it. No right or wrong. Did you watch the video? I'm not enlightened but as for myself I could live that lifestyle in a heartbeat. I KNOW it's right for me. I live that simple life now. It feels so right without even thinking about it because it comes from the heart. But, how could I tell now what I may do after enlightenment. That could all change. Maybe I would say fuck living in harmony with nature, burn the garden, give away the Dutch ovens that I use to prepare food in an open hearth and move to the asphalt jungle so I can breath bus exhaust and order take out food. :) But for now I'll keep living my simple unenlightened life with the natural  flow of the Earth. Or as it is referred to in the video "Timeless Time.". The only sense of time in this world is the rising and setting of the sun within the change of seasons. That reminds me, the cold crops are starting to come in now. lettuce, spinach, carrots, snow peas, just to name a few. Life unfolds in a bountiful way when there is only harmony.

I think a simple lifestyle is preferred as opposed to a "lavish (money)" lifestyle is because it's not easy to maintain a lavish lifestyle. Who's going to maintain and keep the mansion clean? Who's going to maintain the toys, you know, fancy cars, boats, etc.?

You probably want to find time to teach (share) the enlightenment experiences that you had and help understand that life means peace, peace of mind, and peaceful lifestyle. But, you're probably going to have to strategize on that because a lot of stigma is still attached to teaching enlightenment - you know, all the name calling - "woo-woo," "weird," "crazy."

This lifestyle is simple maybe too simple for me. It reminds me of a Zen story...

The Moon Cannot Be Stolen

Ryokan, a Zen master, lived the simplest kind of life in a little hut at the foot of a mountain. One evening a thief visited the hut only to discover there was nothing in it to steal.

Ryokan returned and caught him. “You may have come a long way to visit me,” he told the prowler, “and you shoud not return emptyhanded. Please take my clothes as a gift.”

The thief was bewildered. He took the clothes and slunk away.

Ryokan sat naked, watching the moon. “Poor fellow,” he mused, “I wish I could give him this beautiful moon.”

I wonder if there's a hospital nearby in case of an emergency. What about security? Like a security guard or security cameras? Living in a community has its benefits. There's safety in numbers. These things have to be taken into consideration as well as living a simple lifestyle.

Kiyosaki, the guy who wrote, Rich Dad Poor Dad, saved his sister from cancer. It's because he is wealthy and famous. His sister was living a monastic lifestyle, and didn't have money to go to a proper hospital. Donations were not enough. So she called her brother for help.

Too bad this is also the truth.

Looks like a stage green lifestyle. It has its limitations.

Edited by Key Elements