Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jordankingbn2

Please help me Leo

2 posts in this topic

I'm working on my life purpose but I suspect it will be 5-10 years before I can generate income to quit my job.

I've noticed that I try to do the bare minimum in my 9-5 finance job because I don't want any extra responsibility at work. This preserves my time and my energy which I need to focus on my business, but it also makes me feel less confident, more guilty, and more insecure at work, because i'm not applying the higher consciousness values that i'd apply in other areas of my life, like excellence etc.

Should I really apply myself in my career until I can start up my own business, or should I do the bare minimum? Or somewhere in between? I've really been trying to use my intuition on this one but i'm so unsure.

My fear is that you'll do the bare minimum in your job AND on your business. Right now you're doing the bare minimum at work and it doesn't sound like you're using that extra time or energy on your business yet either.

Where did you get the number that it will take 5 - 10 years to earn enough so you can quit your job? Have you actually worked it out in a spreadsheet? Why can't you work twice as hard to make it 2 years instead? Or are you just subconsciously putting your business off into the future where you don't need to worry about it yet, because you don't think you're ready?

Companies like Instant Pot, Peloton, and Uber/Lyft were started about 10 years ago. Do you have an idea so big and complex that you think it'll take you a decade to earn $100k at, when those companies have built up to revenue in the billions within that amount of time?

You could spend 1 year (generous) learning web design, graphic design, photography, copywriting, video editing, or something similar from scratch and then start making thousands of dollars per month pretty much immediately

What is holding you back right now...... time or money? You need 10 years of labor to spend on your business? Or it's going to take you 10 years to save up some massive amount of money, like $100k so you can open your own restaurant or something?

33 minutes ago, jordankingbn2 said:

until I can start up my own business

What is that until? Why are you waiting? Why can't you start your business now?

Edited by Yarco