tatsumaru

How to create without causing destruction

3 posts in this topic

As an entrepreneur I really resonate with the idea that competition is for losers. That competition is war, a race for obvious prizes, a sort of creative desperation aka "we can't create anything innovative so we are going to try and capture some of the existing value for ourselves by attacking existing market players or trying to steal clients from them" etc. Because of this I've came to the conclusion that innovation and competition are mutually exclusive for competition is drawing inspiration from what others are doing where innovation is creating something that didn't previously exist.
That all being said I am still concerned with the fact that innovation can cause destruction. For example when Apple created the iPhone, Nokia got killed as a second order consequence of that. Now we could argue that it's Nokia fault for not innovating enough but this just feels too SD: Orange to me. How can we improve the world without causing suffering to those who offer less value? What is the right mindset here?

Edited by tatsumaru

You can’t control what happens to other businesses. Surrender your need for control.

It may just be an excuse for not taking action on your business. Create the best business you can and don’t worry about others.

Also could be that your shifting from Stage Orange to Green and are experiencing a split in your values.

In my opinion this is about yellow, not about green. I am interested in mutualism, not competition. And it is definitely not an excuse. I worry about everyone and everything. Whatever I am doing needs to be beneficial for the whole system or it's not a real business at all. See verse 8:

SR35Y6F.jpeg