Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twoosees

Digital Journaling is not working for me

3 posts in this topic

I think I'm going to have to have to call it quits with the OneNote system and revert back to handwriting

Reasoning:

- I get strained by having to spend so much time on a computer(even with blue light), and the are numerous tasks outside journaling that I have to do since I upload content on the internet from time to time

-ive restarted so many times with new sections and new notebooks. I often get deluded on what is I need to focus on. I could counter-argue that I should develop a better workflow. it would not be so much of an issue with physical books as you just need to carry on in that same book, forcing you to go back to entries. although there is a potential for environmental harm. (Lol the spiral dynamics green stage self speaking)

- It's too easy to get sucked into other distractions as everything else is a click away from entering a rabbit hole of things tangent to what you were doing. discipline has been shot overtime

- I had an intuition that I should revert back to physical notation but I was unaware of my own preference and what works for me, and pushed it so much so that it took this long to notice I'm going nowhere slowly

- I was already not too organised with the physical notes(in the case where its not in a book and single exam pad pages) taking that to the digital notation 

the system just had a difficult time navigating and concentrating.

- I tend to notice retaining information is easier for me when it's tangible/physical with a recent issue for my learner's licence for driving. Studying from the physical copy did justice in getting to acquire

- the benefit of not losing material over time will be done through a system of digitising the notes and putting them on cloud storage.

Anyone find digital journaling more draining or actually opt for it the whole way. lol, am I being too much of a conservative to technology?

If you do the commonplace book small scale you can do it like Ryan Holiday, having flashcards in a small box for books. If you're serious about doing this I think digital is the only way to go. I'm doing it on a 49" TV from the couch, which works perfectly.

On 09/05/2021 at 4:26 PM, twoosees said:

revert back to handwriting

go for it ;) 

there is something magical about writing on a physical notebook.

plus, it's good to not be in front of a screen every once in a while.

one day this will all be memories