Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gugagvene

I can't decide what I am or what is my true self

4 posts in this topic

hello everyone I will take this forum seriously because it Leo's forum so he made me what I am. Also I want to apologise for not knowing English well so I want to answer from leo. Leo if you reading this please answer me. My problem is I can't decide what is my passion firstly I am 24 years old I really wanted to be programmer but I lost my passion should I keep going ? Also when I thinking to be programmer I have anxiety I don't know why or what's it's that mean. I fear something that I don't know. So guys if you had situation like me please response. What should I do I really want to be successful. My English is bad so please don't remove this post I want answer 

Don't worry about your English, it is good enough to understand what you mean :)

What kind of programming have you done so far? What made you get interested in programming in the first place.

You have to decide if there is some part of programming you still enjoy that interests you, or if you need to throw the whole thing away and move on to something else.

Take for example.... maybe you got into programming because you wanted to do work with AI or machine learning. But instead, you have a basic programming job where you're writing boring programs that you aren't interested in. If you moved more toward the kind of programming that first interested you, would you want to do it more?

Also every job is boring sometimes and can be a grind. You might have times when you hate programming in the moment and it feels tedious. But you should still feel satisfied at the end result that comes out of your programming.

On 5/10/2021 at 0:24 AM, Yarco said:

Don't worry about your English, it is good enough to understand what you mean :)

What kind of programming have you done so far? What made you get interested in programming in the first place.

You have to decide if there is some part of programming you still enjoy that interests you, or if you need to throw the whole thing away and move on to something else.

Take for example.... maybe you got into programming because you wanted to do work with AI or machine learning. But instead, you have a basic programming job where you're writing boring programs that you aren't interested in. If you moved more toward the kind of programming that first interested you, would you want to do it more?

Also every job is boring sometimes and can be a grind. You might have times when you hate programming in the moment and it feels tedious. But you should still feel satisfied at the end result that comes out of your programming.

I am learning Android development and I really like making applications but my passion and motivation is changing everythime like weather also when I enjoy programing and I am into my tolerance is getting up I don't know why. I remembered my love toward tech when I was younger I was wondering making applications. When I lost interest toward programing my interest toward presonal life is reduces I need spark. 

IMO don't focus on the tools (programming) focus on what you want to create in this world. "Making apps" isn't a vision or a purpose it's just a tool that you can potentially use to make a difference. No specific tool or craft will ever provide inspiration for you, it is the vision and the imagination that comes first. Don't search for your vision for it is not outside of yourself, it is within. Just listen to it and follow it, don't look for safety or for guarantees for approval. If there's approval that means you are just copying someone else or making something that already exists. Most apps that programmers make are just copy/paste nonsense with 0 added value. Who needs the 294387th food delivery app? Most of the times it's not that you haven't found your vision, it's that you've found it but you are afraid that it's so original that you are going to fail. You need to start with WHY and then figure out the tools to use to make your vision a reality. If you want to go to mars go to mars, if you want to solve aging solve aging, be a creator not a competitor. Do not look to others for inspiration for that is not inspiration but imitation. Don't do what the Buddha did, instead seek what the Buddha sought.

Edited by tatsumaru