Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dodo

Freedom Of Speech - The Jesus Of Concepts.

9 posts in this topic

It came to me, that freedom of speech and freedom of expression are the most important concepts, because they contain in them every concept and expression, of course. 

We are the greatest artists. All of us, not only those who paint well. We are all the greatest artists, who are effortlessly being the greatest in any second of their life. If you needed to know you're the greatest to be the greatest, you'd not be the greatest. But after knowing you're the greatest artist, you still are the greatest, because thats just what you are.

Even the best paintings get judged, and thats what we do when we see something we dont like. If we judge what is and hurt ourselves because of the meaning we put on the picture, we are judging our own masterpiece, our own incredible painting - the eternal present.

If you don't want to exercise your freedom of speech and expression, you exercise your freedom of silence and stillness.

If you exercise freedom of speech and someone critisizes the painting they see, you know they are judging what THEY see, not what you see - those are two different paintings. 

In art, as in life, there is no right or wrong. There just is what is, and people will rate and judge what is. But it still is.

A poo in the toilet is art when you see it.

I love this forum, for it gives me freedom of expression. Authority can be the enemy of freedom of expression, but if someone takes that freedom from you, you still have the freedom of silence and stillness. Freedom is I am. Art is everything. Love is art. All is one!

Thanks for the space to express myself, Leo Gura!

DSC_0111.JPG

DSC_0110.JPG

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

7 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Authority can be the enemy of freedom of expression, but if someone takes that freedom from you, you still have the freedom of silence and stillness. Freedom is I am. Art is everything. Love is art. All is one!

There's a deeper question in here: what is authority?  Who is an authority?  Why are they an authority?

As someone who has spent most of their life treating everyone around them as an authority (to the expense of my own expertise and adulthood), this element is the biggest impediment to the feeling of freedom of speech I have encountered: just the simple feeling of not being good enough.  They know better.  They're smarter.  They're more important.  What do I know?

Edited by Telepresent

1 minute ago, Telepresent said:

There's a deeper question in here: what is authority?  Who is an authority?  Why are they an authority?

As someone who has spent most of their life treating everyone around them as an authority (to the expense of my own expertise and adulthood), this element is the biggest impediment to the feeling of freedom of speech I have encountered: just the simple feeling of not being good enough.  They know better.  They're smarter.  They're more important.  What do I know?

Yeah, i feel the exact same as you. But i would say the devil is those who fear concepts and dont see words for what they are - strings of sound. Like its not what you say, its what you do, right? We can say Fuck. But authority says no sometimes, because someone might get hurt by words. :D

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

9 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Yeah, i feel the exact same as you. But i would say the devil is those who fear concepts and dont see words for what they are - strings of sound. Like its not what you say, its what you do, right? We can say Fuck. But authority says no sometimes, because someone might get hurt by words. :D

I'd say yes and no to that.  The reason dictatorships censor books, television, films, internet, and other media is precisely because it is what they say.  The dissemination is extremely dangerous to status quo, and language in particular can be hugely damaging.  One of the most prescient things about 1984 (and if you haven't read it, do!) is that The Party understand that thought is based in language, and that by restricting language, you can restrict potential concepts.  Once you have a generation who don't know the word or meaning of 'opposition', how can there be an opposition?

So I'd say it is absolutely what you say - provided that you understand that what you say is a symbol, and not the thing itself.

But of course, it comes down to what you do.  Whether physically or mentally.  And that's often where the greatest censorship comes in.  You say "sometimes authority says no".  Most of the time in my life, that authority is actually a voice in my head.  An idea that I picked up from my parents or teachers that means 'I must not disobey or I will be punished' which prevents me from going through a red light at three in the morning which is clearly stuck on red (hasn't changed for 15 minutes) and there is no other traffic around.  But I still don't move because that would be 'bad' or 'wrong'.

Authority lives in the mind before it lives in the world, and only so much as we recognise it.  Beyond that, it's just 'the way things are'.

Edited by Telepresent

9 minutes ago, Telepresent said:

I'd say yes and no to that.  The reason dictatorships censor books, television, films, internet, and other media is precisely because it is what they say.  The dissemination is extremely dangerous to status quo, and language in particular can be hugely damaging.  One of the most prescient things about 1984 (and if you haven't read it, do!) is that The Party understand that thought is based in language, and that by restricting language, you can restrict potential concepts.  Once you have a generation who don't know the word or meaning of 'opposition', how can there be an opposition?

So I'd say it is absolutely what you say - provided that you understand that what you say is a symbol, and not the thing itself.

But of course, it comes down to what you do.  Whether physically or mentally.  And that's often where the greatest censorship comes in.  You say "sometimes authority says no".  Most of the time in my life, that authority is actually a voice in my head.  An idea that I picked up from my parents or teachers that means 'I must not disobey or I will be punished' which prevents me from going through a red light at three in the morning which is clearly stuck on red (hasn't changed for 15 minutes) and there is no other traffic around.  But I still don't move because that would be 'bad' or 'wrong'.

Authority lives in the mind before it lives in the world, and only so much as we recognise it.  Beyond that, it's just 'the way things are'.

Yeah, i agree about that. We are the biggest judge of ourselves. The authority in most cases is our fear of getting 'burnt'. But thats critiquing your painting. We cant control the painting, but we can learn to observe it, because when it gets right down to the facts, whatever we see right now, at this moment, is a painting that is only seen by you, so you are the only one that can label it and Judge it. You can love a painting of a poo and hate the mona lisa - both are valid choices, even if most wont agree with you. Only you see youe point of view, it is your everything, and thats why you gotta protect it. The jesus of all concepts is protecting you and letting you be whomever you choose to. Freedom of speech and expression. 

Even if everyone else is saying no, you know you have that freedom. If not, you're free to be silent and still :D its so lovely. Both are just as valid.

Its weird that Freedom of speech is a fact, our ancestors fought for it, but its being suppressed... How can the law be suppressed by the law enforcement itself?

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

It's not suppressed by law enforcement.  It's suppressed be believeing in law enforcement.  Which is not to say that law enforcement is wrong, it's just that law is interpreted by everyone (and law always is an interpretation, not a fact, and any good judge would agree with that statement), and in the position of enforcement it's often better to err on the harder side.  Ultimately if you disagree with the law you can disobey it.  There may be consequences, but they don't stop you from acting in the first instance.

But from the individual side, it's often better to err on the side of bending rules, and treating them as guidelines rather than sharp edges.  It's really the importance of rules that you need to investigate.  You mention ancestors having fought for it, which is true, but often that argument gets used as a barrier when it comes to opening a new gate in freedoms ("our ancestors didn't fight for this country to be flooded with immigrants taking our jobs", for example).  The same is true of bosses, parents, police, governments.  Once again I'm not saying "break the law" or "ignore your partents", but be sure to investigate the importance of what they insist on in their lives, in your life, and in your current reality (particularly in this economic climate).  We often spend so much time wrapped up in rules we don't look up to breathe.  Look up

Yeah, very well worded. Some concepts, that are used for brainwashing or spreading some vicious lies can be harming, because they would result in some form of action. 

But on a personal level, Its true, everyone chooses the song they sing. But like if you're the artist, like you are, you would want to be nice to the painting and honor it, because it is always with you. If you bite it, it might also bite back.

Like not always when you get burned its all black. Life is not black or white. Theres so much colour to it. I mean fire can burn you, but its also useful to shape you into what other artists want apperantly to see in their paintings of life. I dont really want or need to say the word fuck or any other.

Just wanted to express how awesome it is that there is such a concept as freedom of speech, because its exactly like the concept of Jesus. Loving all, allowing all to be as they are. Or at least the possibility of them. 

If there is possibility, its gonna happen in infinity. Your life is happening, therefore its a possibility, maybe thanks to Jesus. The deeper point is, that no matter what, you know for a fact, that life is a possibility. If you Are, you will always be. The greatest artist, with many names. The artist that always is.

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Everything is art. Its a non duality! Whether we like it or not, everything is art. Whether we like it or not, truth is truth. Whether you like it or not, you are the greatest artist. Even a dark screen is art, whether we like it or not. ITs non duality, its the one thing, that is everything and its not even a thing. Art is a concept that points to everything. All sound is art, just some of it is not very pleasant art. All sights ar art, even if they are not very pleasant or understood.

A white dot in the middle of a black canvas is art. When ppl get mad about modern art, it shows they are artists that are still asleep. Or maybe im wrong. But for me such art brings. Aha! moments. But its actually more funny to watch the reactions and how people critisize their own painting, because they are not afraid of getting burnt by it. (which is freedom)

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

18 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

on a personal level, Its true, everyone chooses the song they sing.

And this is the critical thing, that so many people don't recognise.  So they end up singing from someone else's songsheet, and wondering what went wrong