karkaore

Cold Shower vs The Mind

4 posts in this topic

Every time I go to shower I turn on cold water at the end and stand there for some time. I have been doing this for quite a long time now, currently I am at my personal record at showers without passing the cold water part. :D

What I have just noticed, that I started postponing showers in general more and more... :D :D

1 minute ago, karkaore said:

What I have just noticed, that I started postponing showers in general more and more... :D :D

I noticed this when I was starting cold showers too, especially when I had a strict routine where I "had to" take a cold shower every time. Now I take them only if I feel like it, which is 90% of the time. Works way better for me but you also have to be disciplined enough to not start skipping them completely. 

Yeah. :D funny, isn't it?

It's all fun and insignificant with showers, or at least we tell ourselves so. This makes me wonder, if the mind can so subtly and barely noticeably shuffle around such an "insignificant" thing as a cold shower, what does it do with the things it is really afraid of?

Hooohoho

3 minutes ago, karkaore said:

if the mind can so subtly and barely noticeably shuffle around such an "insignificant" thing as a cold shower, what does it do with the things it is really afraid of?

Well to start off, it tells you that you're a human taking a shower...to keep you in the illusion. ;)