Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Reduced Tolerance For Selfishness

3 posts in this topic

So in the past, my dreams were to be extremely successful, i.e. make a super successful business, become super famous, and earn lots of money. And I've already put a lot of time and effort into this, by participating in many business pitching events, working with business to build solutions to mundane problems(just to fill up my resume with as much as I can because you know, SUCCESS). But after doing some serious meditation work, this dream and goal I'm working towards is slowly revealing itself as an ego trip, rather than a deep true intuitive urge. The more meditation I do, the less loud the voice of the ego becomes, and the more loud the voice of intuition becomes, and consequently I'm struggling to continue with my long held initiatives.

I use to see the money driven, neurotic attitudes of the people I was pitching to as just 'apart of life', and the myopic hollow drives for my business partners as just 'being professional' But after meditation, these attitudes are slowly starting to make me sick, after seeing the power of the present moment, I am starting to feel really hollow by surrounding myself in these environments. 

How does someone, pursuing this sort of personal development, tolerate such egoic environments without feeling hollow and meaningless? When starting a business, it is almost certain that you will be surrounded by money driven individuals.

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

When starting a business, it is almost certain that you will be surrounded by money driven individuals.

Let business be business, and meditation be meditation. Don't try to combine them. One day you will wake up immensely overjoyed that they have mixed. You can't do it. you can only wait, you have just to be patient.

Meditation is life, not livelihood. It has nothing to do with what you do; it has everything to do with what you are. Yes, business should not enter into your being, that is true. If your being also has become businesslike, then it is difficult to meditate. If your being has become businesslike, then you have become too calculative. And a calculative person is a cowardly person: he thinks too much, he cannot take any jumps. You cannot carry your cleverness there. In fact, cleverness is not true intelligence either; cleverness is a poor substitute for intelligence. People who are not intelligent learn how to be clever. People who are intelligent need not be clever.

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

How does someone, pursuing this sort of personal development, tolerate such egoic environments without feeling hollow and meaningless?

Your ego is telling you it is hollow and meaningless, it is not. Don't judge, accept egoic environment, don't resist. Unless you remain calm in marketplace, your meditation haven't ripened. 

@electroBeam By accepting it how it is. Reality doesnt care about your opinions. You getting frustrated because reality isnt what you want it to be is what?