tuckerwphotography

Jamie Wheal's "Recapture The Rapture"

3 posts in this topic

Jamie Wheal, a great example of Stage Yellow thinking, just released his latest book "Recapture The Rapture: Rethinking God, Sex and Death in a World That's Lost Its Mind."

I got an advanced copy and was able to read it last month. It's a great read! 

Would love to hear people's thoughts on the content and his ideas. 

The book is broken up into three sections:

1. Choose Your Own Apocalypse takes a look at our current Meaning Crisis –– where we are today, why it’s so hard to make sense of the world, what might be coming next, and what to do about it. It also makes a case that many of our efforts to cope, whether anxiety and denial, or tribalism and identity politics, are likely making things worse.

2. The Alchemist Cookbook applies the creative firm IDEO’s design thinking to the Meaning Crisis. This is where the book gets hands on –– taking a look at the strongest evolutionary drivers that can bring about inspiration, healing, and connection. From breathing, to movement, sexuality, music, and substances –– these are the everyday tools to help us wake up, grow up, and show up. AKA –– how to blow yourself sky high with household materials. And the best part? They’re accessible, by anyone anywhere, no middleman required. Transcendence democratized.

3. Ethical Cult Building focuses on the tricky nature of putting these kinds of experiences into gear and into culture—because, anytime in the past when we’ve figured out combinations of peak states and deep healing, we’ve almost always ended up with problematic culty communities. Playing with fire has left a lot of people burned. This section lays out a roadmap for sparking a thousand fires around the world––each one unique and tailored to the needs and values of its participants. Think of it as an open-source toolkit for building ethical culture.

Here's a short video from Big Think overviewing some of the book:

And an interview on Rebel Wisdom: 

Edited by tuckerwphotography

Nice man! Might order his book. I also just posted the rebel wisdom vid in the High Consciousness sub.

About the no-middleman part , hehe, if you ain't a top chemist yourself you kind of DO need a middle man sometimes if you know what i mean:-)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

6 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

About the no-middleman part , hehe, if you ain't a top chemist yourself you kind of DO need a middle man sometimes if you know what i mean:-)

@WaveInTheOcean Hahaha good point ;)