Hardik jain

Dad In Serious Condition.

26 posts in this topic

@Hardik jain

I would suggest to you to not expect your father to change, I know it is hard but I have tried tonnes of times and it only happens now and then that a person changes according to my wishes. You can nudge them and help them but in the end it's up to them.

So firstly probably accept your father might not change.

Second I have some experience in medical school and we have been told livers can regenerate if you let them. The point you did not share with us is is your dad an alcoholic, does he have hepatitis or something else. Because the first requires a serious behevioral change -- getting out of alcohol dependence and the other requires serious medical treatment. 

I can certainly give you no medical advice but it might be important if your fatger has to change (for example give up on alcohol for example) or he has basically not much to do except being patient and following that diet the doctors perscribed.

Indeed, never deny how you are feeling.

The good news is however, your father won't die, he will merely pass into spirit.

You will dream with him and if you become open enough, you will feel him and perhaps even communicate with him (perhaps in deep meditation and through the imagination), or during psychedelic ventures.

By all means, be skeptical about my claims, yet I would suggest you to research (www.evidenceforthesoul.weebly.com) and of course have your own experiences and see. :)

52 minutes ago, Hardik jain said:

@Yavor Kirov he has liver cirohssis! He isn't alcoholic.

That's good.

Hope he really get on his diet then.

@Hardik jain There is not much I can offer, but to encourage you onward. This is life. Sickness is certainly no stranger to anyone. I am not the person to ask, but perhaps seeking out some people to help going through grieving.

Me? I would put one foot in front of the other and hate every minute of it. Eventually, I would LET GO.

Letting go is not forgetting, denying, or ignoring. It is a process: kind of like completing one leg of a journey, and beginning another...

You certainly have my sympathies; and whatever you do, take good care of yourself in the meantime.

I've read some advice on meditation, acceptance etc. here. Good topics, but I would compare this to telling someone who broke his leg to go to the gym to get muscles back - it won't work, you gotta start slowly. 

It's okay to feel down, it's okay to be depressed if your father is ill in such a way. That doesn't mean you're emotionally unstable. You don't have to be running around like Mooji (which is, if you do it indeed good) and be "the Guru". That is not normal. What you're experiencing is the what most of us would in such a situation. So let it all out, try to get angry about it, be sad as hard as you can, let all your emotions out. (Try some bioenergetics if you want to, that's powerful) You don't let go by accepting things as they are. You learn to accept things by letting go - which actually is kinda the same. Letting go will come naturally with the process itself, its important to recognize it though. So throw it all out, go all the way.

Or with the words of Haruki Murakami: 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”

You father doesn't want you to suffer, but someday you'll see this suffering as gift from him, as strange as it sounds. 

In the meantime, best wishes to your father and to you! You'll find your way through the suffering and the pain, as your father will as well - im sure of that.

Regards

Edited by Flare