Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

mengencean City

16 posts in this topic

Pronounce - man - gan - sin - City 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

This city is going to be constructed around ancient concepts  and structures as well as social systems. 

Edited by Preety_India

I'm imagining a beautiful city. A city in which I wanted to be born. But maybe I was already born there in a past birth. 

Who knows. 

My character name in this story is Herszeil... 

Herszeil... (pronounced as her-zeel)

My character name in this story is Herszeil... 

Herszeil... (pronounced as her-zeel)

Every morning herszeil wakes up to a new day. Herszeil explores the city,  her passion is to help people in need. 

She is the daughter of the king who leads the city and takes care of its projects. The King is a great leader and a statesman. People respect and rever the king. He loves his people and treats them like family. 

Green people live in this city and help the city thrive. 

Herszeil interacts with Green people during her regular explorations. 

. This city is a combination of both futuristic technologies as well as ancient philosophy, rituals,  tradition and structure. That's how the city is planned. 

Edited by Preety_India

I was thinking about zaiden for a minute. 

He would hold my hand and walk with Me, through the city, the city of my dreams.. 

What do I see in the city?

A thriving marketplace. 

Lots of things. Lots of food. 

People working in trade, a place where they make heavy machinery. 

Oh wait. Look over there.  You can see people making pots and jewelry. 

The place is brimming with pride and humming with activity. 

Wherever I go, I see people walking, talking, I hear sounds of people laughing, im glad their businesses are making money, it seems everything is going fine. 

I can see some people drawing water from the canal to supply water to the whole city. Seeing them so busy only makes me happy.. 

I'm imagining Herszeil walking through the city. 

She is wearing a long silken linen gown like dress with a sash near her breasts that holds the dress in place, long flowing sleeves that delicately covers her arms in thin cloth revealing her soft skin. 

Her gown is floor length and she wears gold metal flip flops. The linen dress is long and see through in pastel shades.. 

She wears thick gold band necklace around her neck and beautiful hanging small hoop gold earrings.  

The makeup is simple yet elegant. A dab of color on lips and cheeks, some lustre on lips created with  a shiny liquid that looks like melted butter mixed with fragrant spices. Some Kohl around the eyes. Some powder on the edges of the eyes and on the forehead with the smell of fresh lilies and gardenias.  

She wears a beautiful wig placed over her hair carefully and fitted in place with butterfly shaped pins. A headband with the snake motif pressed over the forehead completes the look. 

Bangles on her hand look majestic and beautifully adorn her hands. 

This is how mengencean city looks. I misspelled it in different places. 

570ey0.jpg

The mengencean people are very spiritual people.. 

They practice a wide variety of spiritual practices. They have unique ancient spiritual practices. 

Some pictures that help to illustrate the general life of the mengencean people. 

574uts.jpg

574uw0.jpg

574uyn.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

Mengencean City not only has ancient features but also modern technological features and advancements. 

There are green people everywhere. 

Mixed with ancient people. 

The people practice witchcraft and their daily routines are tightly packed. 

People are very active and healthy and their diet is very high in nutrition.  

People are very loving and caring and very intense. 

They wear paint on their bodies. 

574u0y.jpg

574v2a.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

The mengenceanians wore body paint in white across chest and arms and knees. 

5753ns.jpg

Present day

Mengenceanians  work very hard. They are very virtuous people. They value art, building, construction.  

There are green people who live among them as well.  

Mengenceanians wear simple linen clothes. 

Their regular occupation includes farming and fishing and tool making although their occupations encompass a wide variety of subjects from ancient to modern and they're quite adept at almost any skill and they usually excel in almost every area of human exploration.  

The Mengenceanians are gifted people. They are gifted with a wide array of talents and they believe in being productive and hard working. 

They build the city pyramids and raise pyramids depending on occasion. 

Pyramids aren't used as tombs but as temples of worship and ceremony. 

Unlike the Egyptians, the Mengenceanians don't have Pharaohs.  They have a king. The Queen can be a Commoner. The king can have several wives especially commoners. 

The Queens are only needed to give an heir to the kingdom. However they are not required in any decision making process. The Queens are buried the same way as the commoners. 

However it's the children or heirs that are more important to the dynasty and administration of the city. Both the sons who are called the princes and the daughters, the princesses take active participation in the administration of the city followed by a huge Legion of courtiers and followers. 

Followers act like Secretaries and siblings or caregivers to the sons and daughters of the King. Each child has their own set of followers. They provide information, Act as informants, aid in decision making and also help with daily duties for the children. This can include makeup, grooming, cooking, putting the children to bed, making the bed, cleaning, taking care of them when they are sick,  housekeeping, showering the children etc. In some cases, some of them even sleep or have sex with the grown son or daughter to give them company at night. Their job is to not only care, assist, nurse, help but also entertain the sons and daughters. For all of this, they're paid handsomely by the king.. 

My name in this story is Herszeil. 

And I'm playing the role of the daughter /princess of King Jezil. 

I've a brother the Prince Senjhezeil. 

My mother is unknown since the king detaches himself from the mother of his children once they're born, he does not keep a record of the mother's name, children are separated from their mother at birth and raised by followers. 

One of the followers who is slightly older than me because he raised me during my teen years ( followers are replaced with age progression to have same age group followers when the child is an adult in order to reduce age gap between followers and the grown up children )

Followers can be group of randomly appointed males and females. They're selected on the basis of their skills.. 

One of the followers is Sek. 

This is the one that Herszeil has a bit of romantic attachment to. 

How is the next king selected?

If the king has many sons, the most competent son in terms of skills will be the next king.. 

The next King is only crowned  when the current king is dead. 

The grandchildren of the King or the children of his children won't stand a chance to the throne if their male parents are alive. Male parents are first in line. 

Only male children are considered for the throne. 

If the princess gives birth to a son, her son will have equal eligibility to be king as the son of the prince. 

All princes are considered a Prince irrespective of their ages, their title has no differentiation. 

Princesses once born will always be princesses all through their life. 

The city is managed by a full group of kings, courtiers, followers, princes and Princesses. This whole group is called Vere. 

The vere assembles each afternoon to plan the activities for the city and retires for entertainment in the evening. 

Morning time is spent in inspection  touring the city and looking after different projects, interacting with citizens or natives and making notes of the different needs and projects and development ideas that would be discussed later during afternoon Assembly. 

Evenings and nights 

Nights are for retirement and sleep.. 

Evenings are for entertainment. 

Entertainment Includes food, drink, dance, sex, romance, music, debates,  chants, prayers, hymns, ceremonies etc.. 

In the evening light with large torch flames against the darkness, there are amazing ceremonies and festivals and light work, fireworks and wild parties and a general ceremonial and celebratory atmosphere. 

Herszeil has invited Sek over for sex, plenty of times. Sek doesn't regret, he loves satisfying her. 

The son or the daughter is simply called Greze. 

They aren't lovers yet they fulfill each other sexually.. Generally a romantic relationship between a follower and a Greze is looked down upon. Such relationships happen in secret.. Clandestine. 

This is a happy time for Herszeil. 

She is young and free.  

She is going on tours every morning, participating in Assembly and entertaining herself every evening, yet she is hard working and dutiful and makes every  effort to contribute to the city's prosperity.  

City duties. 

City duties are divided into categories. 

First level duties - by the king 

Second level duties - by the courtiers and followers

Third level duties - by prince or sons 

Fourth level duties - by princesses or daughters 

Fourth is the lowest level which means very light duties, not much work.. 

First level and second level duties are the hardest and toughest. 

The only temples are pyramids located in the heart of the city and few other places. 

One temple or pyramid is located near the palace which is close to the heart of the city. 

The palace is the home of the king and the Greze. 

There are several quarters in the palace. The main building belongs to the king is where he lives.  The secondary buildings that flank the main building are the homes of the Greze. 

Within the palace at the center are swimming pools, courtyards, playing arena, etc. 

The main hall of the palace where Assembly takes place is right beside the quarters of the King. The King's quarters are also meant as accommodation for the followers but not the courtiers. 

Courtiers Live in separate houses outside the palace. They only enter the palace for Assembly and evening parties and ceremonies. As well as for important discussions with the King. 

The courtiers are a Legion of people who are divided into distinct groups depending on their occupation. 

The ones who help with administration are called group A,, the ones for military are group B. 

Edited by Preety_India

The ones that are for organizing events are group C. 

And so on. 

Courtiers also consist of artists and artisans, sculptors and builders, carpenters etc. 

Each courtier is paid as per  their worth and status.