GodelEscherBach

Life Purpose Course Questions

6 posts in this topic

HI All

Considering purchasing the curse. Questions:

1) Does it work? Have anyone find their definitive aim in life after doing the course? Like one sentence life purpose e.g" "I want to be a cardiologist who specializes only on the left side of the heart"

2) How long does it take to complete the course?

3) I already know that I want to pursue a career in music, but not so sure in the particular specialization : eg: conducting, performing piano, classical, jazz, rock music, film scoring, theatre, etc.. In that case, should I still do it?

4) Is age important? Im past my 30s

5) Any things u didn't like of it? 

Thank you all!

You can contact Leo i believe about how long the course will take and other questions as well. :)

@GodelEscherBach

To be honest, Leo's course is really good by itself but you can get the point from just watching his videos on youtube, His course is more practical and it forces you to think and work thru the process but still, if you are following what he is talking about on youtube about anything, you should at least have good idea how to direct your life (at least i did). I have read many of his books, done a lot of meditation and my bullshit detector is on high level now so i know when i lie to myself and yet there is so much to learn and develop. Personally i refunded the course because it did not have the impact i was looking for but that does not mean it is not great... i already had my life purpose narrowed down even before the course so after i have done it, there was no much to add. If i ever re-question my purpose in next 10 years (i am quite young still), it would be suit me quite good and i would buy it but that would also depend how much new stuff i would do in meantime.  So if you do not like it, you can always refund it.

But if you have a life purpose narrowed to something around music, just boil down to very simple thing and question why you want to do it until the rest of your life ? Does it matches your values ? Are there any toxic values etc ? How do you approach music ? Are you very analytical. science minded or very creative kinda guy ? See how that can be related to your music because we all see the same things differently. It is kinda common sense if you watched a lot of leo's videos on youtube. Btw i am doing music production myself so if you need any advice for this field, contact me. Because there is whole lot you can do with sound and music is just part of it. I am personally doing sound design with synthesizers (more precise using synthesis) and i am doing electronic music at the moment, but my big plan is to go into movie scoring (something like Hans Zimmer style with lots of classical music and weird sounds that are being shaped with synthesizer).

This is something that i design from scratch using synthesis. Performance vise, i do not play piano very good so this may not sound perfect but i quite happy what i managed to do within one year just studying music from scratch like harmony, scales and stuff and before that i had no clue what keys are on piano :D  Now i have my own way how to write melodies that i want and harmonies that i want... i kinda hacked music theory in the nutshell. On top of that, designing sounds from scratch via synths is also something i am rally proud of because it is really hard skill to learn... now i can listen to movie abstract sounds or even elecronic music and copy sounds to sound the same 80,90%. So if you are wondering now : Maybe i am too old ? Nah.... I learn this in 1,2 year from just having basic knowledge of audio engineering. As i said, i was clueless about music and now i am releasing my music on other continent. So if you are 30 and if you have time, you are good to go.... plus you have good basis if you know how to play some instruments. Learn the technology part of music and your eyes will open how deep that field is. Cheers

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels

There are no guarantees  but it comes with money back offer if you decide it's not worth it within 50 days and you do all the exercises. Leo makes a point himself that self help books, courses etc only have about a 5% success rate. I think he said 5 %??    It's not a miracle cure but it will stimulate your mind and get you thinking about the possibilities. It's up to you to then do the work.

ps age means nothing. It's just a number. I'm almost 20 years older than you and I'm doing it. The important thing is that you begin on your journey. It's not about getting to a place but more that you are in the process and putting everything into living a purposeful life. To die trying is better than to never have even tried at all. 

Edited by Xpansion

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

Thanks both for the replies. Nice work Natura. I was just composing in SIbelius and pro tools! I will contact you so we can share music. I will highly recommend you to study Bach. Read his scores, quoting Brahms " study Bach, there you will find everything" Also good quote from a Nazi in your signature haha

Of course it's good.  I got it for myself at the start of the New Year.  Let me give you my review:

1) Does it work? Have anyone find their definitive aim in life after doing the course? Like one sentence life purpose e.g" "I want to be a cardiologist who specializes only on the left side of the heart"

A:   The course starts out with an aim for people who aren't certain what they want to be.  For me, I've been leaning towards being a writer, but wasn't sure if that's what I really wanted to do.   Cardiologist would likely study the whole heart.  I would know as my cardiologist is also my general practitioner for the past 10 years.  In your specialization, I think the course would get you to talk about these specifics and then using the tools it provides be able to pick them apart.

2) How long does it take to complete the course?

A:  It can take a very long time.  There are, I think 25+ hours of videos, which Leo could add to, but I don't think he has.  There's another book list and there are exercises.  Some of which can take time & require a lot of thought on your part to answer.

3) I already know that I want to pursue a career in music, but not so sure in the particular specialization : eg: conducting, performing piano, classical, jazz, rock music, film scoring, theatre, etc.. In that case, should I still do it?

Yes.  Are you into life-long education?  I'm a self-help junkie & never had such a course before.  All it can do is help you.  It's not going to help you with your trade-skill, but it's more meta.

Also, there are concepts he discusses in the Life Purpose course that still haven't been mentioned in the free channel.  I kept wondering if/when it was going to happen.  However, the current Actualized.org focus seems to be going in a different direction, so it probably won't, unless it turns around.

4) Is age important? Im past my 30s

No. All walks of life are welcome.

5) Any things u didn't like of it? 

I think it could be longer & still hope Leo will add some more to it. :)  That being said, I haven't finished it yet.  I think I did about half of it & then got caught up a shit-ton of work.  Although I'm coming back to it now.  I'll be doing a review & then picking up where I left off.  Also, I'm hitting the book list.  Just ordered two more books on that list today.  I want my head wrapped around the life purpose context.

If you take it you're paying for a course.  You're there to learn and the experience is what you get out of it by using the material.  I consider it money well spent & I didn't think it was very expensive either.  He could've charged a lot more.