Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

Emotions

2 posts in this topic

I was curious..... Do we feel the emotions somewhere in the heart area? Is that just an illusion I adopted as a kid?

i just realized... It's not that I have an emotion in my heart.... That it could be a reaction to my thoughts. It's what my body is reacting to my ego.

so when. I was depressed... It was hard to breathe. It's not the fault of the body having feeling bad somewhere in the heart. The body was just reacting to my thoughts! Reacting to me. Reacting to how much "I" was fulfilled or unfulfilled. The body spirit changes in chemistry and caused me to have a hard time to breathe.

So even emotions.... Are not the body... But in the head?

so when the cave people in the past was angry at the animal they wanted to kill... Was it the ego of the body? The body can think? Thus creating emotion itself?

Edited by charlie cho

14 hours ago, charlie cho said:

The body was just reacting to my thoughts!

Spiritual teacher Burt Harding explains emotion as the MOTION or movement of thought Energy through the body.  In that sense emotions are just an energetic extension of thought manifesting through the body.   If I recall correctly, the Sedona method work is about the relationship of thought and the emotional energies experienced in the body.

Thus Energy + MOTION = EMOTION.   (Just a neat little formula for understanding a facet of emotion)

So your idea is probably very close, however, I do not place emotion as specific to the heart.   It could be, in some instances, that you feel particular "pangs" or pains which are stresses on the muscles in the heart area.  A these usually are related to body chemistry.

joy :)

Edited by walt