Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
insideoutlove

Levels of awakening

9 posts in this topic

Since we are infinite I assume there are infinite levels of awakening. I have experienced several awakenings in my life. The first time about 20 years ago I had an experience on psychedelics, visually similar to the infinite conciosness GIF Leo posted in his blog recently that I will attach below. I felt the most intense peace and wholeness; a part of everything, and all knowing sense about everthing in existence . I have always hoped to get back to that place.  A decade ago I experienced another awakening through consistent mantra chanting. It did not produce such visuals but did strengthen my awareness, psychic energy, and was followed by an array of mystical experience and synchronicity. I also completely changed my life path in regards to life purpose and began studying psychology. My third awakening occurred last year, a couple months into the pandemic. It was like a sudden whole body knowing occurred that every possibility is occurring at the same time and that every person is existing within their own dimension in a sense, commingling with other dimensions, mistaking others as their own. I do not claim this to be truth but it was an interesting insight. I wonder if my initial awakening was a moment of experiencing godhead and how many more awakenings It will take to get back there? 

6BABD7DA-89DA-487C-A2AC-689E9F3F80D1.gif

Welcome to the forum :) For most of us, awakenings are followed by sleep, and then more awakenings. As I see it, enlightenment is the final awakening, where there is no more sleep.

The deepest, most true, realization is that there is only Consciousness. You/me, awakening/sleeping, living/dying are all dualities that dissolve into the ultimate reality that is Consciousness. 

Consciousness creates these states, within itself, to experience the sensations of relative reality, only to return to its essential, unchanging Self. It is the infinite, inevitable expression of creation and destruction, within that which cannot be created or destroyed.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha Thank you for your reply! I understand that you are me and I am you and that everthing is consciousness. That god has shattered itself into trillions of pieces, to play a duality fueled jigsaw puzzle of putting itself back together again for experience, amusement, whatever it may be. I think the most uncomfortable thing is knowing that but not feeling that knowing in all it’s depth on a  consistent basis. It’s the tease of getting a sneak preview that drives our hunger to continue on I suppose?!

Edited by insideoutlove
punctuation

2 minutes ago, insideoutlove said:

@Moksha Thank you for your reply! I understand that you are me and I am you and that everthing is consciousness. That god has shattered itself into trillions of pieces, to play a duality fueled jigsaw puzzle of putting itself back together again for experience, amusement, whatever it may be. I think the most uncomfortable thing is knowing that but not feeling that knowing in all it’s depth on a  consistent basis. It’s the tease of getting a sneak preview that drives our hunger to continue on I suppose! 

It sounds like you have already realized :) It is a journey, milestone to milestone. Few of us reach the point of being permanently awake. We will get there. The secret, as I see it, is not to worry about enlightenment, but to enjoy each step along the path. Each timeless moment, when we are present, is infinitely precious, and worthy of celebration.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha I love that! What you said gave me goosebumps in its profundity. Too much time seeking takes away from enjoying the simplicity of the ride in all its splendor. Thank you ? 

1 hour ago, insideoutlove said:

I think the most uncomfortable thing is knowing that but not feeling that knowing in all it’s depth 

for me it is something you have to see in real time. knowing it by some concrete experience and then remembering it is distorted. I see very possible to blur the barriers of the ego in an almost permanent way, the more times you have disappeared as an individual, the more you identify with what is not an individual and the more evident it seems how real the absolute is, and how little relevant is the relative, although it is difficult to explain. Its like to live full time in the edge of death 

@insideoutlove It's all about the journey ?

When you experience God you don't wonder anything. Not only will you know it, depending on the depth of your experience it maybe radical, life changing,  trans human experience far beyond language or anything else a human can experience. Sex with the love of your life is nothing compared to that God dick.. The human body is not designed to handle the intensity of pure Love. When you get to experience God. There isn't a wondering if it happening that you're left with, rather complete and utter, awe, fulfillment, and Love 

Edited by neovox