Sharpadox

Is "fun" And ''entertainment'' Meaningless In Most Cases ?

3 posts in this topic

Hello awesome people ? Im here to ask something that I think is important for the actualized life. I am starting to think that most entertainment in todays life is meaningless. I have spent so many hours playing some video games, and yet, if I was more conscious and aware I would have spent thouse hundreds of hours on living a more fulfilling and full life. In my opinion the media can open our eyes to many things, it just doesn't do so most of the time. That is why I see entertainment disappearing in the next hundrends and maybe thousands of years as people become more aware of their inner purpose. Maybe entertainment is just a stepping stone of our society, a phase which we need to go through so that most people fill their most basic needs, and from then all of us will grow to a new, more aware and conscious phase. This is probably when the media will change to reflect the new views of society and we will probably see a magor shift in the economy, society and the whole planet as a whole. So, do you think its possible to cut on all meaningless entertainment and live a life full of absolute meaning. Has anyone of you achieved it ? I really hope its possible to take control of my life if I put forward the effort. :)

It's good that you are trying to take control of your life. I just want to warn you that it is tempting to be harsh on yourself for all the time you feel like you have wasted.  Don't be.

Whatever happened, happened. It couldn't have gone any other way. Accept that reality and be at peace with it. I am proud of you for starting to be proactive in your life.

I think entertainment doesn't have to be meaningless in most cases. You can find meaning in just about anything and you can have it create an impact in your life. Take a look at this youtuber, he found how he can use entertainment for his own benefit to make him a better person: 

Entertainment has been here since the ancient times and it will never go away. :) Might as well find ways on how it can help us in the real world. 

Edited by ModernArtist