Harvey

Does Affirmation Make Ego Stronger????

17 posts in this topic

when we say or write affirmations we refer to I'am (.... ) isn't we refer to our ego? 

Yes you are. That shouldn't let you stop using them if you're a beginner because a healthy ego is easier to transcend than an unhealthy one. 

Affirmation is a way to build confidence in one or more fields of our life that we feel insecure or have limited beliefs thus we use them, and I think it tricks our minds in to thinking that we can do it, Interesting technique.

Edited by veqsms

You probably know what enlightenment is if you are asking this. You aren't enlightened yet so you gotta play by the rules of this world. You need to chase success, build your ego and so on. That's what I think.

@Harvey Yes. There are many limiting beliefs in our subconscious mind that make the growth path very lubricious. For instance, I cannot be a millionaire or I am not good at soccer etc. Firstly, we have to get rid of all of these limiting beliefs and have a healthy identity/ego that does not block us. The main point of affirmation and visualization is to purify us from these LIMITING BELIEFS. Next step is to TRANSCEND this identity and ego :P         

Edited by Seyed

On 10/11/2016 at 3:11 PM, BHL_20 said:

because a healthy ego is easier to transcend

I doubt it. It doesn't matter. Any kind of Ego is wrong. Sometimes when you have a poisoned, unhealthy ego you will be forced to transcend it because it just becomes impossible to live with. You basically will choose between committing suicide and transcending the ego. In a sense it's the same thing. But you don't need to go that extreme it's too painful.

I avoid using affirmations that make strong direct statements about personal identity.

I like using them for installing habits, but even then, I am careful in the wording. I avoid moralizing and making should statements.

To keep it simple, I just phrase it like this every time : " My life will improve exponentially if I _________."

On 10/12/2016 at 8:37 PM, YoungSeeker said:

You probably know what enlightenment is if you are asking this. You aren't enlightened yet so you gotta play by the rules of this world. You need to chase success, build your ego and so on. That's what I think.

@YoungSeekeractually  i'm in the early process of it , if i build ego doesn't delay my process? isn't it ?

Edited by Harvey
wrong selected response :)

On 10/12/2016 at 0:17 AM, Seyed said:

we have to get rid of all of these limiting beliefs and have a healthy identity/ego that does not block us. The main point of affirmation and visualization is to purify us from these LIMITING BELIEFS. Next step is to TRANSCEND this identity and ego :P         

@Seyed but might be some of strong ego made by our affirmation latter on too difficult to transcend them what you think in such a case?

@John Flores you mean when i'm in total peace of mind then ask what i want eventually from that state chose consciously affirmations what is fit for me... is it what you mean?

i had a huge "healthy" ego at one point and a couple things happened to me and that shit flipped on me like a flash. I began to doubt myself like a mother fucker when justa month ago i had fully trusted myself. i just want you to know that ego is bad, whether its a brocken ego or a thriving ego. what you need to know is that you need to be comfortable with your ego to be able to transcend it. you do need to be able to trust your "self" for you to accomplish anything in life, especially transcend your "self". By the way even when you have a strong ego you are still suffering, just not as much

17 minutes ago, Harvey said:

@Seyed but might be some of strong ego made by our affirmation latter on too difficult to transcend them what you think in such a case?

Yes, it is possible if you get lost in your ego. You need to be MINDFUL in this process. Always keep in mind that the final goal is to TRANSCEND your ego. Affirmation helps you to get rid of limiting beliefs. 

Edited by Seyed

@rambitherhino how you transcend yourself is there any techniques you used during the process being comfortable with it ?

@Harvey this is going to be hard to put into words but here it goes. be mindful of your thoughts, motivations, and most of all your THOUGHTS. Meditation, mindful meditation, Contemplation, and a self inquiry will help you gain more mindfulness of your thoughts which will then lead you to see how your ego works. your ego is going to be ugly, like really ugly, at least i know mine is, and once you see how that little voice in your head works you question the shit out of it, day and night. then you do this for years. Every day if you are raising your consciousness and being  more and more mindful of the ego, also building your awareness (cant believe i forgot to mention this) you can then transcend the ego. i can go on  and on but one thing i that can help give you a glimpse of this is psychedelics. psychedelics will show you your higher-self and ego and it will be easy to see your ego from more third person point of view. i hope this helps :D

On 10/16/2016 at 8:56 AM, Harvey said:

i'm in the early process of it , if i build ego doesn't delay my process? isn't it ?

@Harvey   the more you build your ego the faster you'll get to realization how everything wrong with it and then you'll go beyond the ego.

Edited by YoungSeeker

I think that building your ego is similar to earning money. When I hear people saying that money don't make you happy I agree with them but right after that I go and try to have some money. I won' get that money don't make me happy until I earned enough myself. The same with ego. Ego should grow until you realize how wrong it is. And when you had enough it'll stop. In order to make things better they should get worse first.