Kalki Avatar

Ashram/Monastery recommendations?

8 posts in this topic

A possible alternative to what?

Make your own home your Ashram, my friend. Or better yet: Make the whole planet your Ashram. Why limit yourself to one place when th world is your oyster? ;)

@Dark_White @Bazooka Jesus

My life situation doesnt support making spiritual work, specially my enviornments. I wont explain the whole matter, yet I understand what you are saying. I need someone to help me with my basic needs and some guidance while I only meditate 24/7.

Even if they try to get me in some doctrine, I can reject it internally and just focus on my work. We are all in society, yet we have the choice to decide to follow its culture or not, which is the biggest cult of all. And, thats why im asking for a good place in the first place, lol. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

There are quite a few ashrams where no doctrine is pushed, but afaik all expect some monetary and/or help/servitude as a payment for your stay. That is not because they are greedy, but because growth is not only receiving what you need, but also giving what you can give.

Meditation 24/7 will only do so much. You should be willing to serve 24/7. I don't want to be rude, but servitude encourages growth way more.

My tip would be: search for a place where you can work in a garden/field/traditional farm. With some experience, you can (semi-)meditate while working. You are in contact with the Earth, the best grounder of all and in direct connection with nature.

You could try the Osho Ashram in Poona, it’s a kind of spiritual resort, lots of marble, very clean, many plants. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

That's a tough question because most monasteries and ashrams have their own spiritual tradition and rather strict rules. Why not try a buddhist monastry for a few days or weeks and see if it fits? 

But consider that these are communities and they'll expect you as part of it to follow their teachings and to be committed. Nothings for free.