Lyubov

Why does China seem so uncivilized? (animal abuse content warning)

2 posts in this topic

I've noticed that China is perceived as uncivilized and barbaric even compared to other developing countries. I've been to US, Europe, Mexico, China and Africa. Aside from the slum I saw in Africa, China takes the cake for most pollution and trash everywhere. On top of that it seems like the general population just doesn't care unlike in Africa where it was more an infrastructural problem. Also I noticed in general China people seemed the most not to care about one another, occasionally used the bathroom on the public street, ate incredibly unhygienic food and had awfully dangerous traffic for how developed they are. This is not a thread to make fun of Chinese people or Chinese culture but to inquire why they seem to have developed the way they have compared to other countries on and bellow their gdp.

China is the biggest country in the world and despite a lot of growth most people still live in third-world conditions. I think it’s simple survival needs that people are so callous there, if you show sympathy or are nice to people you’ll quickly be taken advantage of

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon