Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tovius

The headless way

2 posts in this topic

Douglass Harding has a "Headless Way" method which includes an experiement for having not two eyes, but one single eye. 

For those familiar with this, how exactly does this work? I get the concept and have done the experiment, but I can give skepticism to it by simply closing an eyelid, changing the entire perspective of things.

How does one see past the closing of one of our eyes, or half of the single eye, to really know that we look out of one eye and not two?

Please dont tell me to "take a psychedelic and find out".

Not here for a debate, simply trying to rid my objections. 

Edited by Tovius

Not too familiar to his exercises, but this seems like self-inquiry, or in other words focus your awareness on awareness itself. Focus on the 'feeling' that there is anything exists at all. His exercises are merely pointing towards this simple shift in your awareness, and from my own experience it does kind of feel like being headless.

When you look through your eyes, it seems like things are in front of you. When you 'look' or 'feel' through awareness itself, everything is in front of you, including your face, and the back of your head. Close your eyes, feel your face, touch the back of your head and try to notice that that sensation is in fact 'in front of your awareness', so-to-speak, in front of your awareness-eye (third-eye).

Not sure if it works if you haven't meditated or done anything like that