Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyAb

Life purpose #1

3 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I'm looking to get some help with my outcome from the LP course, or simply a fresh look on it. 

After finishing all that, there is only one thing stuck in my mind since the exercise #1 ($$$ question and visualisation exercise).

That one particular thing isn't toxic, it's 100% positively motivated BUT it would not benefit probably anybody? (it's very hard to determine what could be a long or short term outcome for anybody, me included, if any) and I know I can accomplish that in the next 6-8 years. Can I treat it as my life purpose? Should I? I have literally no clue as to what I would like to happen after that ends, especially that possibilities are endless, but I am certain that I want to do this.

I'm not trying to get in my own way, but should I continue to look for the LP or accept that one desire and go with it? It's not a matter of a great preparation or a question if I can do that or not. I know I can start doing that tomorrow, and I know I will accomplish what I want. 

I also don't think it will strongly benefit me in the future (it certainly would let me learn a lot about myself but it's got no clear outcomes or benefits), but it also might change my life forever. Probably depending on many things.

If I wouldn't decide on pursuing that thing, I planned on continuing my education on PhD level, which, on the other hand, would probably benefit me, others, and give me some great career prospects. I am currently majoring in Oceanography on a great university and I find myself truly passionate about it, I also put a lot of effort in my studies, but then again I love doing that.

I purposely didn't mention what that thing is. I would appreciate any insights you could give me.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, JohnnyAb said:

If I wouldn't decide on pursuing that thing,

What is this thing that you want to pursue? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

12 hours ago, Preety_India said:

What is this thing that you want to pursue? 

I specifically didn't mention it. Knowing what it is could possibly bias any opinion, just like it probably did for me. 

On the other hand, after my yesterday's meditation session answer came up effortlessly. I suppose writing on forums really does help ?. Crazy world we live in. Now I only have to brush up all the details. Thanks ✌️