Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RickyBalboa

The illusion of novelty

2 posts in this topic

Today, I was bombarded with a chemical smell I can only imagine was the product of party outside of myself. I became slightly irritated as it distracted me from what I was doing. I then briefly wished to not have to experience stimulus outside of my scheduled activities unprompted (yes, silly and selfish...I know). It made me realize how novelty is completely relative and dependent on the subjects prior experience. 

With that said, I'm temped to say that god could experience the exact same feeling of novelty. However, I would be faced with a contradiction. God wouldn't have reason to keep itself in motion(our collective experience of reality), for all possibilities would not bring fourth anything new. Thus no reason for existence in the first place. I so often hear the idea that "existence is the product of god being tired/bored of oneness". If god were omniscient, there would be no reason to set the billiard balls in motion to see if it happens as it would intuit. Unless of course you could chalk up reality as its Imagination and not really happening at all. 

I've pooped myself into a corner on this. Any insight on the matter god/gods?

Edited by RickyBalboa

Well according to Gura nothing ever happened, and its all imagination soo - there you go. If that doesnt help, try diapers.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?