Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roopepa

See everyone as your partner

2 posts in this topic

A while ago I got this weird idea and it has completely changed my idea of what a girlfriend, a boyfriend, friend, or any human relationship in general is and what is their true potential.

See everyone as your partner!

Literally everyone. Even those you have never met. Open your mind for the possibility that you are in an actual partnership with every person you can think of.

You see, we have all these limited concepts and rules that play in our social lives. For example, we may think that there is some kind of contract between partners. There has to be certain rules, emotions and activities so that you can call it a relationship. But why? Why not just think that every person is your partner? That you are all in with everyone, all the time!

The way you want to express your partnership, or love towards different people may vary, for example, at least for now, I have never wanted to have sex or a romance with a man. But I don't always want these things when I'm in a "actual" relationship with a woman either. Also, there might be women I want to have sex with, but no romance. Or the other way around. Or both. Or neither. But why say this person is my girlfriend and the other one is not? It's a lot more freeing way to think that everyone is your partner and to love everyone, and the life & world you share, and express it in a way you feel like is the right way to do it and just flow with the emotions as they come & go. Be free and let others be free. Is this not the purest commitment?

Do you see what I'm talking about? Why be sad thinking "I'm single" or "I can't find a boyfriend" when you could just be lovers with everyone?

It's hard to explain this idea in a way I see it myself but I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

I get You. I have thought about it a lot. Feels like I’m moving to this direction. The more advanced societies in general also maybe..

The border between love and friendship has not really existed for me. There’s a little bit of jealousy left still though. At the same time I understand that we don’t own other people...I’ve been in two relationships, where including a second woman into the household was under consideration. I have of course tried to analyze if it’s the part of me that needs constant experiencing/research or is it about getting everyone’s emotional and physical needs met...

Interesting subject ?