Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Itsokimok

Filling store bought snack ideas?

3 posts in this topic

I'm looking for ready to eat filling snacks I can find at grocery stores. This is surprisingly hard. They don't need to be super healthy as I'm not that clean yet. I already eat a lot of nuts, fruit and rice crackers but I still find myself getting hungry between meals.

Healthy,

Ready-to-eat,

Affordable.

Pick any 2 :)

So it's going to be expensive. Here's a suggestion to start with: almond butter. I like to dip fruits or vegetables in it, like carrots, slices of apple, celery sticks. That's pretty filling. Tahini works too. I'd avoid peanut butter, even though I sometimes pick that because I like it. But not as good for the gut.

You can also buy hummus and dip pre-cut vegetables in it. But check the ingredient list. The cheaper pre-made hummus usually has unhealthy vegetable oils in it

Here you can also buy pre-cut coconut flesh pieces which are nice.

Of course there is pre-cooked smoked salmon steak that you can buy here. But that has syrup on it, so I wouldn't consider that super clean. At least check the ingredient list.

Oh, and I like to buy cans of sardines in olive oil and eat it out of the can.

Leo's video mentions whole roasted chicken, which is usually not messed with. I haven't seen that where I live, but I would buy that.

Also pre-made sushi is sometimes good. Depends on what's stuffed in there. I wouldn't trust the tuna salad ones to be so clean, for example.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/