Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striving for more

Mixing Modafinil with green tea, choco, l theanine

4 posts in this topic

Is it safe if I drink a green tea & have dark chocolate after taking 100MG Modafinil ?

Because I mixed modafinil & coffee last year & I had nasty reaction.

& Dark chocolate has caffeine right ?

Also does anyone mix Modafinil with L-theanine or creatine as I could try this ?

Dark chocolate contains theobromine, it contains only trace amounts of caffiene. It has an effect similar to, but lesser than, that of caffeine in the human nervous system. Even without dietary intake, theobromine may occur in the body as it is a product of the human metabolism of caffeine, which is metabolized in the liver into 12% theobromine, 4% theophylline, and 84% paraxanthine.

• In the liver, theobromine is metabolized into xanthine and subsequently into methyluric acid. Important enzymes include CYP1A2 and CYP2E1.
  • Modafinil is metabolized via Hepatic (primarily via amide hydrolysis; CYP1A2, CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP3A5
  • Caffeine is Primarly metabolized by : CYP1A2 , minor metabolizim CYP2E1, CYP3A4, CYP2C8,  CYP2C9

There are enzymes that metabolize caffeine/theobromine and modafinil. If these enzymes are deactivated then you will have more of the drug in your bloodstream. I suspect a lot of people have issues with caffeine mixed with other drugs is because they have low detoxifacation enzymes . Not talking about weight gain; I'm talking about metabolizing and excreting compounds. This may be your issue. Other than both being stimulating in different ways (CNS stimulation/caffeine), there are no dangerous interactions. 

Tips: If you want to metabolize drugs more effectively, try eating cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, or even better, broccoli sprouts. They contain a phytochemical called Sulforaphane that has been shown to increase phase 2 detoxification enzymes.

@Twega Thanks 

I took it yesterday, after a years break from modafinil. I took 100MG at 8AM ... 

The effects were amazing but I didn't sleep untill 3-4am, this messed up my morning today. 

I ate a small meal shortly before taking it. 

If I take Modafinil on an empty stomach - will it shorten it's duration? (So that I can sleep earlier)

& Do you know any tricks to shorten the duration of Modafinil? 

Also I will try 50 - 75MG next time, and take it at 5AM ... hopefully then I will manage to sleep by 11-12. 

Probably Mod is too good to be true and can not be used regularly. It doesn't seem to resonate with sleep too well. 

I wish I could feel like I feel after a mod come up normally, I know people mention diet exercise, but nothing yet can compare to the way my brain & energy feels on it, it's incredible, I just want to learn so much shit & be so productive. 

Having said that, I don't really want to condone it & am still very cautious about doing it regularly. 

Edited by Striving for more

@Striving for more I have taken Armodafinil (almost) daily. Armoda is more potent than Moda and lasts longer. I haven't had  any issues with sleep (keep in mind that i'm a light sleeper and have struggled with insomnia in the past). I can say that consuming sulforaphane (from brocolli sprouts has helped me flush away caffiene and Armoda by the time i'm in bed.

35 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

If I take Modafinil on an empty stomach - will it shorten it's duration?

it will prolong the onset but it won't shorten the half-life (duration). So actually eating it with a meal might be worse because it will take more time for it to kick in but it won't change the duration.

If you are also sensetive to caffeine, then your body is probably not effecient at detoxing. That's why you should look into Sulforaphane as it is the most potent natural inducer of Phase 2 detoxifaction enzymes. Try it, its cheap.