Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Focus Shift

Self Mastery, Magic, or Both?

3 posts in this topic

Leo made a video a while back on The Law of Attraction, and explains that it's actually a very Newtonian, as opposed to metaphysical process (I'm also curious if this has changed at all). You have a vision of being in shape, the images occur in your mind, and you believe that it's time to get in shape for those hot babes on the beach by summer time. You then eat healthier and move your body, eventually losing the weight, gaining confidence, and becoming more attractive in the process. However, there is also a lot in the subconscious that can hold us back, that if not confronted are sure to lead us to failure and misery. Self doubt can be so intense it prevents us from taking even a step out the door. Is the law of attraction just having a vision and then following through on it? Is it just an adjustment of our perception? Or, can one manifest their desires into reality starting from "quantum level" with enough consciousness and concentration as many new agers suggest? I highly recommend The Magic In Your mind by the way, fantastic read. I found out about it by Steve Vai discussing it in an interview. 

Edited by Focus Shift

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

Yes, it's not just having a vision and following through, it's having an intense vision that it pulls you into taking action.

Self mastery is the hardest thing in the world... acceptance of neurosis in a warm hug. 

Most self mastery stuff being peddled nowadays, in my view, are merely whistlin past the graveyard. Not deep enough. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia