Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Axiomatic

Advice on managing my time

3 posts in this topic

So I am in an interesting situation. I am a student at university, but we do not start for another 3 weeks. I have been out of school since late November, and I decided to take some time to invest in my life purpose. Because I wasn't sure about my overall vision.

It was a tough feat, but I scraped some money together to purchase Leo's life purpose course. And I am enjoying it so far, and within watching these videos, I was inspired to try to learn code. So I looked up a course on using python. I want to learn coding, because I am in the business/marketing field, and knowing code is a huge thing to have in my tool belt in regards to that aspect. And even if I decide to not pursue this career path, knowing code is still a valuable skill that can be applied elsewhere.

But the thing, is there is a lot of things already buying for my time. I have plenty of free time currently to work on the life purpose course one day, and learn code another. Or maybe a little of both in one day. I have also studied spanish for a year or so, and I would like to continue that too.

Only issue is that I am one man with a varied amount of time. And I know for a fact that when school starts, that time will be fractured even more. School will take up 85% of my time more or less. And who knows how much time and energy I'll have for these extra projects I want to learn/take on.

So my question is this. What would be the best way to approach these challenges? Does anyone have any tips/strategies that would make doing this work more efficient? Should I maybe put off learning python until the end of the semester? 

Just do school. How much of the 15% is even usable? Will you have to cook, work out, do a bit of socializing and take care of miscellaneous things in that time? Or was the 100% only including the useable time?

If so, I'd prioritize finishing the LP course in whatever time you have left.

You can make a note to continue with Python after that, or whenever you have more time like during breaks.

The Spanish doesn't seem to directly support your path, so I'd shelve that and re-evaluate in 6 months whether you can add it or not. Cause it's nice to just practice a few words a day, but I would not add that extra pressure unnecessarily until you've got good momentum with the rest.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/