Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Focus Shift

What Are Your Experiences with Entities?

5 posts in this topic

As McKenna describes here, it is easy for the ego to accept psychedelics as merely drugs that distort our reality. However, what is more incredible, is the fact that with compounds such as DMT, and higher doses of LSD/psilocybin, there are entities with their own personalities. This experience is very consistent, and can be easily repeated. McKenna describes his encounters with elf machines. I myself have had experience with serpentine and other beings. What kinds of entities have you encountered in the psychedelic realms?

Merry Xmas/Happy Solstice! 

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

Depends. What's the difference between a DMT entity and some entity that you would see in a lucid dream? Haven't done DMT before, but I've had lots of lucid dreams.

beep boop

On psychs you totally see them. Goodluck tryna describe them though. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

54 minutes ago, Focus Shift said:

What's the best way to lucid dream? 

I've naturally experience a lot of them, so I can't speak from the POV of a person who struggles to do so. However, there are quiet a lot of factors which seem to increase the rate by which you experience them.

1. Contemplate your dreams a lot. Some people use a journal for this, I just lie in my bed for like 20 minutes and think about my dreams. I visualize the things I saw, think about what I felt, think about what the dream meant and so on. Doing this increases the amount of dreams which you remember by a little bit, which is important for lucid dreaming.

2. Meditation. Meditating itself increases both, the amount of dreams you'll remember, and the amount of lucid dreams you'll have. Meditating right before sleep is especially helpful.

3. Weird, but effective tip: Sleep on your back. This is a random one and I'm not sure if this is just me, or if this applies to everybody, but I've found a weird correlation between sleeping on your back and dreaming. When I sleep on my back I...

a.) ...remember more dreams.

b.) ...experience sleep paralysis more often.

c.) ...experience a lot more lucid dreams.

d.) ...can actually fall asleep consciously.

I don't know why or how. I sleep on my side a lot (just a habit of mine which I'm trying to change), but whenever I fall asleep on my back stuff shit gets much more intense. I experience sleep-paralysis (which I have NEVER experienced while sleeping on my side), which enables me to fall asleep consciously (which I also have never managed to do while sleeping on my side) and have a general boost of my ability to remember dreams/lucid dream. It's so weird...

Well I've just asked my good old friend google, seems like there a lot of other people who report the same things.

4. Do reality checks throughout the day. I'm not sure which one is the best. I think counting your fingers is a good way, but I've noticed that it doesn't always work. I'd say the success rate is like 70%-80%. You basically just ask yourself: "Am I dreaming?" and look at your hand. Slowly count your fingers. Now look away for a second and look back at your hand. Count your fingers again. If you suddenly count 3 or 8 fingers, you're asleep.

--

Some people don't have to spend too much time doing this, while others might have to spend more time doing these things. Really depends on the person.

Regarding the entities... I've seen a lot of different things while lucid dreaming/being in sleep paralysis. They come in a lot of different shapes and forms. Some of them are a clear manifestation of my psyche, but I am open to the idea that there are different types of beings. It doesn't have to be a black & white thing where either all of them are real entities existing in some astral realm, or none of them are and they are just your unconscious mind having fun.

Not only do they look differently each time, but they can also do different kinds of things and serve different roles.

For example: I use lucid dreams to communicate with different parts of my psyche. I might talk to my shadow self, or my inner child. I can even communicate with different parts of my body. I can ask them questions and they will answer them with really interesting perspectives. I am still experimenting with it, but I am trying to communicate with aspects like my immune system, just to see if I can access deeper parts of the mind.

Some entities can induce weird mystical experiences, others behave like tricksters and just want to fuck with you. Some will attack you, some will hug you. Some will yell at you, some will just stand there and stare you into your soul. Some will engage with you and some will just watch you from the distance. Most come alone, but some appear in groups. Some won't mind you being there and act all cool, while others will act genial surprised to see you. Some are willing to talk and some will just try to kill you if you talk to them (Getting shanked in a lucid dream hurts like hell btw).

As I understand it DMT trips are like lucid dreaming x100000? I could see why people would be so intrigued by these DMT entities, as the entities I see in my dreams are already pretty crazy. A question for you: What was the nature of the entities you've encountered? I'd be interested in hearing the story behind them! Maybe shoot a video on your personal experiences with them?

What where their intentions? Did they communicate with you? Did you get any insights from your interactions? What is your opinion on what they are? There are just too many different questions one could ask. I personally find this topic very interesting!

beep boop