Persipnei

What decides you resonate with a teacher

9 posts in this topic

On these forums you can find quite a bit of links to video's from spiritual teachings. 99% of what these people say is the same, but the way I experience their teachings couldn't be more different.

A few teachers a lot of people here seem to really trust, don't touch me at all, even give me a repulsive feeling when checking them out. Others feel trustworthy, but not very special and then there are some that talk straight to my soul and create extreme experiences in my mind's eye.

I was wondering why this happens. Since they say the same things, I suppose they must be around the same vibration and thus should kinda give the same feeling to my experience, but they don't.

51 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Because it's a variety show ?

And I just resonate with the show I like? Or do you mean teachers have no value?

15 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Sure, why not? 

Funny how this absurd reaction gave me the answer to my question. Thank you!

@Persipnei

Personal connection to the teacher. Also depends at which point you encountered them in your life (for example, watching Leo at a dark time in my life made me start running... and that's how he won a fan at that moment) 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

17 minutes ago, Persipnei said:

Funny how this absurd reaction gave me the answer to my question. Thank you!

Awesome! Please don't listen to me though

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 12/16/2020 at 11:08 PM, Persipnei said:

On these forums you can find quite a bit of links to video's from spiritual teachings. 99% of what these people say is the same, but the way I experience their teachings couldn't be more different.

A few teachers a lot of people here seem to really trust, don't touch me at all, even give me a repulsive feeling when checking them out. Others feel trustworthy, but not very special and then there are some that talk straight to my soul and create extreme experiences in my mind's eye.

I was wondering why this happens. Since they say the same things, I suppose they must be around the same vibration and thus should kinda give the same feeling to my experience, but they don't.

Have you noticed yet that the more your spiritual path develops, the more open you are to different vibrations of different people, more open you are to what others say, the more you listen to others, the more open you are to exploring different perspectives?

That's because the path reduces your biases or "karma". So that you can open yourself up to more and more and more of the universe - letting go of your judgements and rejections.

Yet you still have lots of karma, rejections and judgements, and these are the culprits for why certain teachers resonate with you more then others.

Once you fully merge with god, beyond awakening, you'll be totally in-discriminant with accepting each teacher, and the point of this work is to get as close to that as possible.

@electroBeam 

I have noticed, and you made me very aware of my boatloads of karma with your post :D I have a lot of work to do.