LfcCharlie4

Conscious Athletes- Connecting With Joy & Love

4 posts in this topic

Wanted to share this Interview with Novak Djokovic, a surprisingly wise & spiritual man. 

Listen from Minute 40ish, where he talks about remembering why he started playing Tennis (for the love & joy of it) and getting back to that, and how it helped him play the best Tennis of his career and go on the incredible 43 game winning streak. And, how he evolved from the mindset of playing to achieve solely, and how the winning, while very important of course, became secondary to the joy of playing. 

To me, this shows how opening up to the 'spiritual dimension' of sports, only enhances your ability & enjoyment of the game.

And, it goes beyond sport, but whatever it is you love. 

We can get 'lost in the sauce' to use a pop-culture reference, but when you get back to your true Why, anything is possible. 

Just checked & he's been number 1 in the world for 296 weeks, which is crazy to stay at the pinnacle that long. 

And, it all stemmed from coming from his Love for the game & the joy of playing. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

He's definitely stage green based on how he talks - what a great man I love his journey. He's learnt a lot of principles that actualized talk about by himself through his tennising heroes journey i feel in some ways this can be more powerful than just hearing about the principles on a youtube channel. He has lived through them through trial and error and you can see in this interview he is living these values.

Edited by andyjohnsonman

@andyjohnsonman Yeah easily. In an updated video with Jay Shetty he explicitly talks about his 2 spiritual teachers & how his brother went to live in Spain to be near one of them! 

Yep, I mean what better way to actualize those values than a 43 win streak & an almost 6 year stint as world number 1, all from loving the game? 

He even subtly mentions Non-Duality / Infinite Consciousness in the video with Jay, he's certainly on the path. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi