Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strangeloop

Clash between three domains

3 posts in this topic

I work as a taxi driver. The job requires to sit in a car amd drive for long hours. Whenever I get an off day I try to work on my project which is youtube and facebook group, just generrally trying to build an audience. Also I want to try to teach people what I know. The problem is that my fb group is about beatbox but I try to incorporate self-development topics too especially on my youtube. I feel the whole name of the group, "Beatbox Academy" should be about beatbox right? But I mostly talk about self-help and life in general. 

So I'm doing a taxi job, not even practising beatbox that much ironically the skill I should be teaching and I steer away to self help on youtube. I feel that I divided myself broadly. Is that bad?

Everyone is talking about having a niche expect Leo, he says go have a holistic approach. Which is bassically what I'm doing. I have multiple fields to work on and I don't want my students or let's group members be dissapointed about the group because I don't teach too much of beatbox but more of self-help. I don't know it's weird. 

Is that sustainable? Can I keep going with three domains and teach two of them? 

How many hours a day do you sit alone in your car between fares? Could you practice beatboxing alone in a parking lot by yourself for 10-15 minutes at a time a few times per day, or record a couple Youtube videos on your phone per day in your car? Make 100% authentic videos about the struggle of trying to follow your passion of beatboxing while having a full-time job. Some of the most insightful and interesting Youtube channels that I subscribe to are just people talking in their cars.

Have you ever offered to beatbox for passengers? I think it'd be amazing to have a taxi driver who beatboxed for me while driving me to my destination. Maybe put up a little sign in your car like "Ask me for a free beatboxing session." Before long people will be calling your company specifically asking for the beatboxing driver xD. Maybe ask passengers for permission to record them, and then beatbox and get their reactions and post them on Youtube. That kinda thing could go viral. Lean into it 100%, make your channel "The Beatboxing Cabbie" or something.

Edited by Yarco

@Yarco I sometimes do beatbox in a car, and the time between varies differently it could be for an half an hour to an hour and it could be just couple of minutes. I thought about shooting videos in a car but the problem is I need to listen to the walkie talkie so I could take the fares myself and if I'm distracted with somrthing else it creates a problem. 

I did beatbox for clients a few times, sometimes I got good positve reactions sometimes not. And I'm not saying I'm that good at beatbox. I think it's a self-esteem issue. 

If I did record them. I would need a camera set up. Nothing too fancy just a camera that would capture the wholr inside of the car. It would be cool, though I don't know if I'm up for it.