Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adamq8

Bernadette roberts view on conciousness and the Absolute.

9 posts in this topic

Screenshot_20201119-173852_Kindle.jpg

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Screenshot_20201119-174539_Kindle.jpg

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Screenshot_20201119-174547_Kindle.jpg

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Leo Gura what are ur thoughts on her views?

- Pseudo-dionysius 

it seems to me they’re saying that no conscious experience is divine but that can’t be the case imo; all consciousness is the divine. 

but her ideas are not irrelevant; there is merit to seeking noself; utter unconsciousness; as all self is separate. To chase divinity through no self is something worth doing. 

but ultimately all self is god just as much as noself is. You can find divinity both ways.

From what i gathered in the book she claims that conciousness is a limitation and is not divine, that the body can experience without conciousness.

Conciouness is arising because of the brain.

And that what matter actually is , is conciousness. 

And what we percieve as matter is spirit ?

Sounds like a materialistic view in disguise yet believes that the divine is real but we can,t experience the divine, and that another level of existence is possible behind conciousness.

I do wonder how it would even be possible to even know about the Divine without conciousness, and Conciouness is the first thing that arises, in all of our experience.

And in order for something to manifest atleast as we know it, it requires experience and some sort of awareness?

So if GOD is all powerful, it would mean that his infinite mind creates thanks to conciousness. 

So for GOD to know it existed it required awareness.

If not, then how is it possible for non concious things to create concious things?

What sparked it?

Existence in my understanding is : awareness,  without it there is blank nothing 

We as "humans" can def know the divine thanks to conciousness. 

So if the divine is what created this all world, but it is beyond conciousness,  it means that this world is randomly manifested out a nothingness?

Just throwing around some thoughts i had after reading the book 

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@from chaos into self Agreed! And for example the peace  you feel in deep sleep, is awareness pure state, devoid of objects,  but it is from that state which everything arises,  there is no time and space if we think about it in those states, and in the dreaming state conciousness creates a character and a dream world, it takes the form of that character and forgets this world, so GOD should be infinite conciousness dreaming everything up, it is the most logical conclusion if we look at our experience

Edited by Adamq8

- Pseudo-dionysius 

4 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

From what i gathered in the book she claims that conciousness is a limitation and is not divine, that the body can experience without conciousness.

the body having experience is consciousness even if it’s being experienced unconsciously - it remains to be consciousness. and anyway for someone to know they experience requires conscious awareness of it, no?

I do wonder how it would even be possible to even know about the Divine without conciousness, and Conciouness is the first thing that arises, in all of our experience.

And in order for something to manifest atleast as we know it, it requires experience and some sort of awareness?

I agree with this for sure. But it seems a little silly to say since all we experience to exist is consciousness. It’s a given, basically.

So if GOD is all powerful, it would mean that his infinite mind creates thanks to conciousness. 

So for GOD to know it existed it required awareness.

consciousness is prior to god? sounds legit to me. god is an idea isn’t it? Well of course god isn’t an idea ultimately, but belief is belief and idea is idea.

If not, then how is it possible for non concious things to create concious things?

What sparked it?

it’s automatic; we are consciousness experiencing consciousness. someone on the board recently said , there is a tree and both you and your friend are aware of it. The tree has conscious of its own; otherwise why would it return after looking away? The tree that falls without anyone there to witness it is still witnessed by the nature around it and by itself.

Unconsciousness as a concept is very relative. Unconsciousness is just a lower level of consciousness. Not an absence

@from chaos into self

10 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

the body having experience is consciousness even if it’s being experienced unconsciously - it remains to be consciousness. and anyway for someone to know they experience requires conscious awareness of it, no?

I agree with this for sure. But it seems a little silly to say since all we experience to exist is consciousness. It’s a given, basically.

consciousness is prior to god? sounds legit to me. god is an idea isn’t it? Well of course god isn’t an idea ultimately, but belief is belief and idea is idea.

it’s automatic; we are consciousness experiencing consciousness. someone on the board recently said , there is a tree and both you and your friend are aware of it. The tree has conscious of its own; otherwise why would it return after looking away? The tree that falls without anyone there 

Yeah and I think that it is a given that everything that exists is conciousness, in different degrees. 

But I would say that GOD is the first "consciousness " that arose, or conciousness has never arosen it has always been there dormant, like deep sleep, but it had infinite potential so in order to experience a body and a mind and an objective world it actualizes some of its potential and is then locked to that particular "world " until death or real samadhi.

It is a dream in gods mind in the same way you in ur sleep create an entire world out of nothing with characters, thats what awakening is about, realizing ur infinite nature.

Unborn immortal. 

Infinite conciousness were always infinite conciousness just parading as a limited body and mind.

But they are nothing but conciousness, likewise with all characters and worlds and universes, 

Like on psychedelics where you actually get a taste of this power it holds.

It is going in every direction but at the same time it never moves.

Experience changes, but never awareness, and this awareness that I have and you have is nothing but conciousness, and thats what we are, so you and me are the same Mind we have just forgot that we where

- Pseudo-dionysius