Average Investor

Best Reverse Osmosis System?

4 posts in this topic

I looked into the systems quite a bit. I was looking to get one that is fairly easy to install since I am going to be doing it myself. I also wanted to get a really high quality set up with easy to change out filters. 

Edit: 

Here is the top option I am looking at now: https://www.amazon.com/Home-Master-TMULTRA-ERP-Undersink-Reverse/dp/B00N2941Z6/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=home+master+tmultra&qid=1605647971&s=hi&sr=1-4

No added minerals. It does not help prevent the tank from degrading, but I am assuming just those extra minerals help do that. I guess the concern would be on how long the actual tank lasts, but this seems to be one of the better systems I have looked at on the market. 

I am curious on your guys thoughts of the added minerals? 

Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2941N8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

The filter has calcium bicarbonate 95% & magnesium 5%. The blend of calcium and magnesium at a rate of 30-60mg/L. I believe the calcium bicarbonate would be coming from lime stone and the magnesium from marble. 

I did a lot of research on the berkey system I have and it has been a total waste. The system is a total pain in the ass to use and it failed before 10 months. I am looking to upgrade and get something that is the best option, but there is a lot of confusing factors on these filters. I obviously don't want to order a system that is going to have garabge in it I don't want, but it would probably be better than the berkey regardless. 

Any thoughts or experience with units you have had?

Edited by Average Investor

@Leo Gura I had seen those systems as well. I can't imagine it really matters if the system is BPA free or not. Do you have any opinion on the calcium bicarbonate in it? It says is naturally comes from the limestone as well. It says it helps balance the acidity of the water. I would guess without this it could eat at the tank and maybe even not be as good to drink without it? I have never really heard of an issue with drinking more acidic water, but I know a lot of the bottled water brands seem to tout their PH level. 

The price point is more attractive and I like that container set up quite a bit more. Looks like it would be less of a hassle to mess with. I appreciate the suggestion. 

Man, I don't know all the details. That's the one I got.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.