Voltman

Would You Rather Be A Small Fish In A Big Pond Or A Big Fish In A Small Pond?

4 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experiences they would like to share?

I went to a really under-performing highschool which increased my confidence and motivation but going to university demotivated me due to the higher performing cohort and greater expectations.

If you had to choose which pond to go into, which would you go into and what is your reasoning?

@Voltman

University because firstly there's no need to compare yourself to the other fish, and second your fear of higher expectations or working more needs to be addressed 

Maybe this video would have changed my decision few months ago. I managed to receive offers from top universities in England, in particular Imperial College London, which even outperforms Oxford and Harvard in some courses. However, my grades this August were awful, so they had to withdraw the place. I entered a mediocre university, which I rejected later. The plan is to retake this year in order to improve my grades and reapply to a top university.

Now you made me regret it, thank you, Voltman.

Edited by The Obedient Listner

@Voltman If I were in your position, which I am, :D I would push myself and initially use repetition over and over in order to produce results and push and motivate myself in order to revise and get good grades, thus increasing my chance of going to a top Uni, such as Harvard or Cambridge. Which is what you should do, as it opens up more possibilities in life; and since you're taking Leo's course you don't need to worry about happiness, as you can create your own no matter the situation, if you become enlightened. So, be a what ever you want. But, I would be a Big fish in a small pond.  

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.