Ross

How To I Be Authentic?

3 posts in this topic

Hey people, 

Just want to ask what is the litimus test for knowing such an activity (eg gyming) is authentic. I mean I like gyming because I feel good doing it, but does that mean it's authentic or is it something deeper?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Ross said:

Hey people, 

Just want to ask what is the litimus test for knowing such an activity (eg gyming) is authentic. I mean I like gyming because I feel good doing it, but does that mean it's authentic or is it something deeper?

Thanks.

Well, ask yourself:

Why do you like gyming so much (I really don't know if you mean gaming or going to the gym but either way..)

Do you like it because it sort of fills a hole in your heart, so you don't have to face existence and all the boredom and pain that comes with it?

Or do you like it because it makes you feel one with the universe? How would you describe your consciousness levels before and after doing it?

Does it involve One-upmanship over the world or some manifestations of it?

Do you think you were manipulated into liking that thing? as in overly dramatized effects that made your lower self aroused (no pun)

Would you still want to do that thing if you were completely satisfied with your life?

Be extremely frank with yourself when answering these questions and follow them wherever they take you, If you do you'll find out.

@Ross be what you want to be don't let anybody define you. And also, have a rich life, this is what Leo says, have good health, good hygiene, look after yourself, have some nice friends to hang out with, take breaks and overall enjoy life, and live as you see fit. :D

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.