Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Meditation, Enlightenment MEDEN LAKE

43 posts in this topic

Trying to explore something new to add to my life. 

This is of course beyond my scope. 

But maybe I can get some understanding. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I have arrived to an insight which I will call absolute reality and conditioned reality.. 

Conditioned reality is something that you create. 

Absolute reality is something that exists on its one devoid of all conditions, stories and drama and is permanent. Like a Clean slate. 

LfcCharlie4   

LfcCharlie4

Posted 20 minutes ago · 

Read No Mind, No Problem by Ramaji, this book & meditTuon teChnique helped me so much with this question, no answer here will fulfil you, you gotta find it out yourself...

Absolute sense of self and a conditioned sense of self..

Conditioned self will carry a lot of trauma and drama. 

You're a story. Reality is a story. You're a story within a story. 

Taken from a thread 

The situation is I had a trillion questions that I wanted to answer an hour ago, just out of deep curiosity. Real juicy ones like "why do we suffer", "how do we live a principled life", "what should I be doing with my career", "what will I dream after the body mind dies", "why did I dream this specific dream right now, why am I this specific physical avatar" and a whole lot more cool

Edited by Preety_India

All of life is an experience, sometimes good and sometimes bad. 

I see both duality and non duality

I also think that transcending the ego is important but having a healthy ego is also nice. 

One way of transcending is the awareness of the ego itself and its reactions. 

Ego transcendence is fighting the ego to retain the original self. 

Understanding that the ego is separate from self and has been created by the voices in the head. This ego is formed from the mind's falsified delusions of the self 

For example if you feel very insecure when there is nothing to feel insecure about, or feel triggered when nobody did anything, this is a vested ego showing up itself in ugly ways. 

Recognizing its delusions and Biases is cleaning out the Ego and keeping it in its hangar is the way to go. 

Ego cleaning work. 

Edited by Preety_India

The duality aspect is seen in light and day. 

The non duality aspect is seen in people experiencing the same emotion while reacting to a tragedy.. 

The aspect that I see as linear are 2 - time and space. 

Time progresses in a non dual linear fashion with no going back. I see the same with space and consciousness. 

So the following aspects are non dual 

Time 

Space 

Consciousness 

Energy 

Motivation 

Logic 

The dual aspects 

Pendulum 

Night and day 

Emotion. 

Birth and death 

Masculine and Feminine 

War and peace

Love and hate 

I have also realized that the dual aspects cause a lot of drama and terror. 

Whereas the non dual aspects carry a sense of peace. 

I guess life is made of both aspects. 

Life itself is dual because there is birth and death that are unavoidable

But there is one component that can stay stable throughout life uninterrupted by cyclic changes and that is consciousness 

Time is definitely a non dual aspect of life as it continues without aberration or cyclic change. So does space 

I feel the self is just an experience of the dual and the non dual aspects of life. 

And putting all your trust in dual aspects of life is a risky proposal. 

Like you can't invest a lot in relationships because relationships are a duality aspect. They can begin and they can end. Unlike time which only begins but never ends, relationships can easily end.. 

So investing your energy into duality aspects of life is very risky as it causes trauma when the relationship ends.

Whereas with the non dual aspects, you have decent running without feeling betrayed. 

So you can invest in making your time better, you could invest in consciousness. It's worth it. 

What happens when you get tons of energy. 

Does it change your circumstances. Does it bend circumstances to your needs? 

And if so, what can cause a person to have extremely high amounts of energy. 

Investing in non dual aspects is a good long term strategy. 

So its, like this. 

You can invest long term in non dual aspects. 

And you can balance dual aspects. 

Maintaining dual aspects is like handling a knife. You have to be extremely careful and keep it very balanced, not letting its harmful effects affect you. Not letting the edge of the knife to cut your skin but also at the same time, using it to chop the meat. 

Dual aspects are dangerous to the soul 

Whereas non dual aspects bring freedom in life. 

The food of the soul is freedom.. This freedom is only available after escaping the dual aspect of life and death.. 

Edited by Preety_India

The self is an experiencer in its true state and in its false state is a creator of its own suffering through ego. 

The one way for the soul or spirit to feel free is to reduce the attachment to the dual aspects of life and focus more on the non dual aspects 

Focus on healing. Time. Growth. Consciousness. Time. Space. Energy. Motivation. Logic. 

The duality aspects of life include 

• Health 
  • Job
  • Relationships 
  • Family 
  • Marriage 
  • Friendships
  • Acquaintances 

Remember these are all temporary and the moment they turn toxic they need to be cast out of life and thrown away. 

If your marriage has become toxic you need a divorce. 

You cannot show loyalty or integrity to the duality aspects of life. These aspects will always fool you and land you in big trouble 

Anything that has a dual nature is an illusion. Because that's how it's made. 

The only thing that is not an illusion is non dual. 

Everything that is dual is temporary. 

For example joy and sorrow. These are temporary dual states. 

Pleasure and boredom.. Same. 

Masculine and Feminine. These are dual aspects 

You can say masculine and feminine energies

Here I differ. Why? 

Because even if masculine and feminine are dualistic aspects, they are energies and energy is in itself a non dual aspect. 

Energy cannot be destroyed just like time. 

So its non dual. It does not have a disruption and Regeneration cyclic change like birth and death. So it is non dual. But it takes different forms like masculine and feminine. 

Here I'd say that a masculine appearance or a feminine appearance is a dual aspect. Since appearance itself is temporary. 

But energy is not temporary. So masculine and feminine energy are non dual and complex since they tend to reflect duality. 

Human nature can be very dynamic and never remains stable. So it's not linear. It shows dualistic nature. Hence you shouldn't trust or invest in it 

Which duality aspect should be trusted? 

The answer is just one.. And that is survival 

Survival is the only dual game that needs to be played even if it's not the best thing. 

Edited by Preety_India

How to deal with duality aspects 

•  

• Health 
  • Job
  • Relationships 
  • Family 
  • Marriage 
  • Friendships
  • Acquaintances 
  • Survival 

Don't be too attached..understand their non permanent nature. Realize that you can get betrayed any time. 

Don't invest too much into them. 

Keep a balance with these aspects. Keep them healthy and balanced. 

For example 

How will you keep balance with your job? 

By not putting too much into it. 

By not over working yourself. 

By not taking it too personally if you lose a job. 

By not basing your identity on a job 

By not spending your whole like on a job 

By doing job that satisfies your basic requirements and helps you feel secured 

By doing those jobs where you can live and also enjoy. 

Overall you're not obsessed with the idea of a job. You understand it's limitations, at the same time you do it for your livelihood. 

Do it only as much is necessary for your survival. 

Edited by Preety_India

Now there is an important non dual aspect. 

Relationship with God. 

What kind of non dual aspects I should invest in 

• Relationship with God 
  • Time. 
  • Space. Spatial Awareness 
  • Beauty... Inner beauty 
  • Consciousness 
  • Energy - masculine and feminine energies. All sorts of energies 
  • Stages of the Spiral. Higher stages 
  • Healing 
  • Growth 
  • Motivation 
  • Logic 
  • Self love 

• Ego transcendence 

• General transcendence 

Transcend all the dual aspects except health and survival this is required for a yogi/sage.

Transcend all other aspects. 

• Health 
  • Job
  • Relationships 
  • Family 
  • Marriage 
  • Friendships
  • Acquaintances 
  • Survival 

Edited by Preety_India

I have decided to become a yogi or sage. 

I have realized that the path of life has to be non duality. 

Although I have arrived at this conclusion in a very different way. This is not how people arrive at it. 

non dual aspects I should invest in 

• Relationship with God 
  • Time. 
  • Space. Spatial Awareness 
  • Beauty... Inner beauty 
  • Consciousness 
  • Energy - masculine and feminine energies. All sorts of energies 
  • Stages of the Spiral. Higher stages 
  • Healing 
  • Growth 
  • Love 
  • Motivation 
  • Logic 
  • Self love 
  • Ego transcendence 
  • General transcendence 

A yogi's life. 

Edited by Preety_India

Other non duality concepts 

Everything is one 

Even though everything is not same or similar, yet everything is one. 

Only one consciousness. One spirit. One whole and we are all a part of this whole. 

Consciousness is one. Oneness. 

The Sense of Self. 

You do exist. But you are not free from Ego 

You're in your absolute state, the same as anyone. 

The sense of self is only relevant in this world as long as you live 

But your spirit or ATmaan is the same as others because all ATmaan combine to form one general soul or spirit of the universe which is nothing but God 

But in the absolute sense, stripped of all attachments, identifications, labels, genetics, emotions or external qualities, you are the same as anyone. You are the same soul. The same soul rests in another's body. These souls are fragmented pieces of the whole randomly distributed among people. All souls are same, similar and have the same needs of becoming one with the universe. All souls like all streams come to the same ocean and meet there. All souls unite gradually to become the one soul of the universe, the Brahman. This is the Spirit of the universe or God. 

So we essentially carry a part of God in us. 

So if Leo says we are God, he is not wrong. 

The Ego. 

The Ego is what causes the separation from others more hateful and painful it makes it very exaggerated. 

The Ego uses a lot of bright costumes to make itself stand out in the crowd so we look better than others. 

Higher the Ego, the worse it gets. We use all sorts of delusions to create divisions in humanity and all sentient creatures and move away from 'Oneness of all Spirit.' 

This is the Devil's hand at play. Create division. 

The Ego creates strong identification labels and uses a lot of tricks to make you feel separated from everyone. 

As the Ego grows, the Empathy drops. 

How to detect the Ego? 

The ego is a voice in the head that says that you are superior to others. 

It's the voice that says you are right and others are wrong 

It is the voice that judges others sharply. The Ego is a hypocrite. It won't judge itself. But it will judge others easily. 

It will be very arrogant.

It will fashion its life around everything fictional. It will have huge cognitive Biases. It will constantly enforce itself. 

Ego is generated in the mind as a falsified self image and a gregarious image that should be protected at all costs 

The best example of a severe  Ego is Donald Trump 

Ego lacks humility. Self preservation of the deluded thoughts is the only goal 

The Ego does not listen to anyone, much less to self. 

The Ego is very Unempathetic and full of shadows and Biases 

A stronger ego will have stronger shadows and Biases. 

A weaker ego might hang on to stronger egos for support and direction.. 

The higher the ego, the greater the narcissism. 

The Ego is very ugly. Because it sows the seeds of division not only in mankind but in all sentient beings. It does not allow any unity. 

The Ego tries to kill any love that can be had for others and replaces it with self preservation at all costs. This self preservation is not about survival 

It's all about, 'me versus you' , 'me more important than you', 'me holier than thou' 

The Ego breeds all sorts of Biases and clouds the conscience. 

The conscience is the voice of God. 

The Ego is the voice of the mind trying to inhibit the voice of the Conscience. 

If you are killing someone, the conscience will say no, but the Ego will say yes. 

The Ego is the voice of destruction guised as a voice of survival. 

Why is the ego so ugly? 

Because it doesn't originate in the conscience.. 

The Ego originates in the reptilian brain as a voice of survival, to protect the self from any kind of destruction. Initially it serves as a healthy mental barrier to environmental forms of destruction. 

For example a strong ego is not easily broken in a cult. The boundaries of such an ego are not easy to break. 

Whereas those with weak egos can be made to surrender easily. 

Since ego is our power food for living, it can easily take up wrong things and become corrupt because anything powerful becomes corrupt easily. 

What keeps the ego in check? 

I think what keeps the ego in check is consciousness and conscience. 

When both are strong, it prevents the ego from corruption. 

But when the consciousness of the person is low, his conscience has been neatly silenced, the ego immediately becomes corrupt and ugly. 

People with clear conscience will have healthier egos 

On 9/5/2020 at 3:56 PM, Preety_India said:

Purity of intent bad or good 

Why is being spiritual so important and significant? 

This is the most important and central aspect of spirituality. 

Why is being spiritual important? 

Because being spiritual means being undeterred, incorruptible, unchangeable, infallible and invincible. 

The devil's constant motivation is to corrupt, to bring more people to hedonism and chaos and shallowness, to make his legion bigger and bigger, to engage in debauchery and meaninglessness.

The devil hates meaning and purpose 

Therefore the devil hates any person or system with principles and ground values. 

The devil wants a land of lawlessness, of fickle values and a black hole of chaos.. 

The devil wants people whose conscience can be easily tested and broken, manipulated and held hostage. So they can be programmed and changed to his will. 

What if a rock stands in front of the devil. The devil is stumped. The devil is discouraged and upset. 

Because he can't do shit to a rock. 

The devil cannot change this rock or dismantle it, it cannot be manipulated, corrupted, hijacked, it's beauty cannot be robbed without destroying it, it's innocence cannot be taken away. 

The devil is frustrated. Because his plans cannot succeed. He cannot bring chaos in a place of eternal serenity, in a place of stoic peace and resilience. 

Spirituality is like a rock. 

It is grounded, natural, whole, true, integrated, connected, and it cannot be corrupted or hijacked, changed. This is a huge challenge to the devil. 

Consider the Garden of Eden as the Garden of Hedonism and everything with no rule or moral foundation. Anyone can do anything without judgement. It's a battlefield, a testing ground for Purity of spirits. 

Don't confuse this with the Garden of Reeds. I created the concept of the Garden of Reeds as a heaven. Not to confuse with the garden of Eden. 

The person who is spiritual and good is originally and constitutionally and fundamentally good and so even when he thrown into the Garden of Eden, He is still himself. He doesn't give into immorality. He is still like a rock. No Garden of Eden can corrupt his virtues. 

The devil hates this. The devil wants none to be like this person and all to be as shallow as they can be, moldable like clay.. 

But people who are good to impress society, to score brownie points, to feed their narcissistic ego and these are the "pretentious good" people, the phonies. And like clay, plaster of Paris or ceramic, when put to the test in the garden of Eden, they will immediately lose their morality at the sight of freedom and opportunity to let their inner animal out that they had hidden under the shadows of their minds. In a place where they don't need to prove anything anymore or clinch titles, they will let out their evil instincts freely. Their veneer will be gone. 

So the devil introduces cheap things like materialism, fame, money, power into the world so people will always lose their real selves and turn to shallow ways of living. 

Now what about people who do wrong things out of egoic needs.. 

They won't feel remorse. They are not genuine in their evil. Their evil was inspired by debauchery rather than lack of cognizance. 

Such people are like rabid dogs. Nothing can cure their evil because they will continue their evil pursuits since they are without remorse or shame. 

Their egoic needs of sadism and pleasure has blinded them from remorse and genuine reflection. 

In a way they are a representation of the devil himself. 

Let's call this person, T

Think of pedophiles. The most insane kind of evil. No medicine or cure other than death. 

But now think of a person who does evil like murder or rape or Jealous harm but does so because he is driven, not by egoic needs but by the passion of hate. 

Love can be passionate, but so can hate. 

Let's call this person,  S. 

He does harm but with a tinge of guilt, he does feel remorse afterward, he is capable of it, deep down he is troubled by his own evil nature. 

He lies and he cheats out of survival needs or out of influence of bad company, or out of the need for power, yet he is also shaken by his own weaknesses because it's the weakness of his spirit that has driven him to evil ways and not his ego. He is genuinely evil 

There is a difference between genuine evil and degenerate evil. 

Now if person S is interrogated over his crime, he will admit to them and be honest about what he did. 

This a sign of genuine evil.. 

Now if person T is interrogated over his crime or deeds, he will do everything under the sun to escape and or normalize it and distort the story. 

The difference is that at some point, the conscience of person S will wake up and make him realize the extent of his evil and fill him with remorse so he becomes good and seeks redemption. 

While person T will see no such awakening of the conscience and will never have remorse but rather wait for the surroundings to be less moral so he can find ways to continue with his debauchery. He will introduce ways to desensitize the society to the idea of evil. 

An example of this is found in modern society. Certain groups of people are very interested in changing the notions of pedophilia. These people specifically come from Hollywood and their intention is to desensitize the public to pedophilia. They got shapeshifting skin. 

Like Charlie Chaplin said in the ending scene of Monsieur Verdoux, weapons of mass destruction were created for mass killings and such killings were justified than by such comparison a serial killer is nothing. 

The inherent spirit within an evil man also wakes him up to do good if he is spiritual from within  or genuine in his acts. 

Now is such a person corruptible even though he is considered evil? 

The answer is no. 

When he is thrown into the Garden of Eden, he is tempted for a while by the freedom to commit vile acts, yet he composes himself and returns to his awakened self. 

The only ones who can't return are the shallow ones. The ones that are disingenuous. The ones who carry a mask and are protected by their egoic delusions. 

Ego and sense of self are two different things. 

You can have a sense of self without having an ego.. 

Again egotistical is somewhat different than ego. 

An ego means a conditioned mind, conditioned into delusions and illusions, tricked and living in pretentiousness.. 

An ego means the person is disconnected from their spirit. They are embellished. They are decorated by their mind and hidden from their hearts. They are operated by the egoic needs of the mind. 

They are easily driven by superficial needs. They are not in synchrony. 

Whereas a person without an ego, is a person, not necessarily humble, but genuine, not shallow or driven or operated by egoic needs of the mind. Not bounded by societal illusions or wordly rules but by inner spirit. They are genuine in their pursuits and desires, genuine in their purpose. Genuine in their emotions and utterance. 

They are not trying to impress anyone or secure anything. Just being themselves. 

They are disembodied versions of their self in physical form or matter form. 

Spirituality is an abstract quality that is neutral and not defined by good or evil 

A person can be spiritual and still may have committed murder. 

But the soul in its real form generally inhibits that which is against natural conscience. 

So the more spiritual a person, he is less likely to give into evil. 

It's only spiritual weaknesses that might tempt a person to go against their conscience. 

Thus the devil hates spirituality because whether the person is good or bad, he cannot be corrupted by the devil by any means. His plans are foiled. 

The world loves materialism and hates any form of spirituality and dismisses it as hocus pocus. Another trick of the devil.. 

To be truly spiritual is to be truly pure, to be free of inner shadows, to be free of egoic illusions and delusions, to be free of egoic desires and intentions and to be grounded only with the presence of the spirit. 

On 9/5/2020 at 3:30 PM, Preety_India said:

Now I'm writing my most important insight about spirituality. 

Spirituality is about having an authentic heart. 

Bad or good or whatever but no fakery with emotions. 

Let me explain with examples

A real Aztec (or similar) statue. 

4dy7vz.jpg

This is made out of stone. It's hard work. It is eternal by its quality because it won't break. It's not fragile or vulnerable to weather or climate or time. 

Even after many years, it will still look the same. 

There is a certain loyalty to it in that its unbreakable. 

It's natural because it's made of a natural material used or seen in structures in nature. Nature has designed it for sustainability and endurance. 

This is authentic, this is real. You can't call it good or bad. It's neutral. 

It has a sinister hollowness to it because it doesn't evoke any purpose or message. It's no propaganda. 

It is serene like a silent observer. 

I think there is a spiritual quality to it. 

But a similar structure made out of plaster of Paris is only a fake imitation. It will never have the properties of the real one. Under pressure it will break.. 

4dyeb5.jpg

Why nature is the best example of spirituality 

Look at this shell.. 

4dyece.jpg

It has a sheen to it. A nice natural sheen. You can't destroy this sheen or take it away because it's not separate from the object. It's a part of its composition, constitution or structure. 

To destroy the sheen you have to destroy the object itself. 

This is another lesson about spirituality 

That a person who is spiritual is innate. They don't have layers to them. They speak from the heart. They don't have ego or inner ego. An inner ego is like a layer between the inner spirit and the outside identity. This layer is thick when it's influenced by social conditioning and inner fears, this ego prevents the person from being their authentic self. 

People give into pretentious behaviors. 

Being your authentic self means getting rid of this inner ego or pretentiousness, not getting rid of your identity or sense of self like they do in non dual practices where the  objective is to destroy the sense of self 

But destroy the inner shadow of pretentiousness. 

Doing things because you really want to do it, from deep within, not to impress anyone, not for egoic reasons, only because you deeply want to, because your spirit wants to 

I call this spiritual, being your natural self and never having egoic desires. 

Now look at this lamp. It shines as well. In fact it glows. 

4dyeow.jpg

It might look beautiful but it is not real. Like the sea shell. You can easily take out the inside bulb and there will no glow. Because it's a fake creation 

The qualities of such a creation are separately assembled and are therefore not connected within

All these parts can be dismantled. 

But you can't dismantle a sea shell. It's one whole. It's not assembled. It's one. And it's whole. And it's natural. And it's one composition or constitution while everything being completely a part of its constitution inseparable from it. 

I call this spiritual. 

Something that is innate and one whole, cannot be separated or dismantled, whatever is on the outside is not separate from the Inside but directly connected with it, nothing can be removed from it without destroying it. 

Spiritual people are same on the outside and same on the inside. Whether they are good or evil is not the question, they are whole and real, inseparable from the inner selves by layers of ego, they don't have pretentiousness or a ego facade, if they do evil, they do evil, if they do good, they do good. 

This means that whenever a spiritual person speaks, it's directly from within. They are not guided by ego but by their spirit. They are not guided by a random thought but by a conviction, a belief or a sentiment. 

Their mind and heart and spirit are one whole piece and completely in sync. Their mind is not saying something against the heart. Thus they are not fake or faking anything.. Their thoughts and emotions swiftly flow with the spirit the way fallen  leaves move with the wind. 

Something that is spiritual has a eternal quality to it like these stones that will be eternal in their positions. 

4dyjh7.jpg

Something that is aspiritual has no foundation and will wither or break when put to the test or will not last long. It will be fake and only for theatrics and show like this sand palace 

4dyedr.jpg

The self is an experiencer in its true state and in its false state is a creator of its own suffering through ego

Like I have said before, the sense of self is different from the ego. And a stronger sense of self (and sometimes a healthy ego) are necessary for both survival and for preventing brain washing.. 

A stronger sense of self creates healthy boundaries. These boundaries are not easy to break. People with a stronger sense of self won't break down. Their boundaries are so strong that it would be nearly impossible to break them. People with a stronger sense of self, have a stronger ethic, strong virtues and a strong integrity, a strong foundation of values and morals and well defined boundaries and strong principles. Such people don't get manipulated or broken or brainwashed or even victimized easily. They can't be made to do something that doesn't fit their goals, interests and perceptions. 

Cults Break down your mental filters of logic, interpretation, reasoning and rationality. Disillusioning. Brainwashing. Bamboozling. Infantilizing. 

People with a weaker sense of self, their mental filters and boundaries are easily dissolved and they are easily made gullible to lies and insanity. 

The sense of self, the ego and the self are three different things. 

The ego is a barrier between the mind and the conscience. It never allows the conscience to speak and hijacks every element of judgement(discernment) and understanding. It creates false ideas. The Ego is generally strong in weak people whose conscience or consciousness are not well developed. 

Whereas the ego is mild or neutral in people whose conscience and consciousness is strong. 

Conscience relates to heart values.. Consciousness relates to mind values. Wisdom values. 

A weaker ego is not an indication of a person with great conscience. 

The word "weak" ideally should not be used to describe such egos. 

Because people with a small ego have more clarity between the head, the heart and the spirit. 

Instead of the word 'weak" I'll use the word "poor" 

People with a poor ego, have lots of gullibility and they always latch onto narcissists to feel strong or powerful. They are covert narcissists. 

Now, which ego is better? 

You can't really say the absence of ego, because ego does not go away completely. As long as we survive, our egos will accompany us as pointers for survival. 

Which ego is better? 

The ego that is well grounded, centered, integrated, self aware, mild neutral and healthy. 

This ego usually is a product of deep consciousness and a strong conscience. The Ego is kept balanced by these forces. 

Imagine the ego like a flame in the wind. 

The flame will go in the direction of the wind and might bend in that direction. 

But if the flame is carefully directed from both the left and the right side, the flame will stay in the center and not sway much in any direction. The wind or force of air will need to exist on both sides of the flame to keep it balanced. 

That's how the ego is balanced without letting it sway in any direction 

Edited by Preety_India