Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SirVladimir

For Y'All Writers Out There

8 posts in this topic

You better believe I'm sharing with you something worth sharing. This lecture easily applies to non-academic writing when you see the implications. Intertwine it with your ego-awareness. Many great takeaways here as how to write. 

@SirVladimir  Thank-you very much my friend, looking forward to watch it and share the insights of what I'll learn from it, as a seeker of the language I quite admire being effective and the best in writing , creative writing etcetra, also in future I'll encourage you to share such similar great lectures that you find and feel are worth sharing, because I know you work on your writing skills. Thank-you once again.

Edited by ajai

I cracked up at what follows in 39:35. It so much reminded me of Leo. But it only makes sense if you watch the rest. It talks about how writing isn't conveying your ideas, it's changing your readers' ideas and how you have to penetrate into their code of ego. 21st century, folks!

@SirVladimir thanks for your good work! It's very much appreciated. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

8 minutes ago, Megan Alecia said:

@SirVladimir thanks for your good work! It's very much appreciated. 

Oh, you lovely being, but I merely shared a video in this thread... Nothing spectacular to be cheered upon! ^_^ Love ya!

1 hour ago, SirVladimir said:

writing isn't conveying your ideas

Yepp, altho I've watched one quarter of the video yet, but I can see how radical the implications could be that can be drawn from a VALUABLE text in contrast to an invaluable one no matter how persuasive, organized and clear it maybe but if it's not VALUABLE so as to say if it's not providing any value to it's readers, it's not worth it !!

@ajai Yep. The lecture is supposedly about academic writing, but it applies everywhere as a sort of meta-guidance. We writers obviously seek to convey ideas, but we are bounded by linguistics and the reader's own understanding and cognition. Leo's video about Jacques Derrida goes hand in hand with this. 

9 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

but it applies everywhere as a sort of meta-guidance

Can't agree more, I was missing out on Leo's this video, it's actually so down the list and pretty old will watch it for sure, starts with a mind blowing quote by Nagarjuna, ?

Edited by ajai