ShaharA

Was It Enlightment Expirience?

2 posts in this topic

I broke my leg seriously 10 days ago and I'm in the hospital since the insidant.  I had 2 long and complicated surgeries in order to fix my leg.  Last night the pain was so strong that the doctor gave me double amount of drugs to relife the pain just before I went to sleep.  I felt a strong pain in my head and fall asleep.  In some piont I woke up feeling a strong pain in my foot, but  I was sure that it wasn't my leg! I remember looking at the leg and asking these kind if qustions and than I could answer myself in a very certain way: 

Who own that leg? 

Everybody

What is a belonging? 

There is no such a thing

Who am I? 

Everything

For about 3 hours I was sure with 100% that this wasnt my leg,  I felt that I am everything (The body seen from my perspective,  the bed,  the people,  the hospital,  the world,  everything) 

Only after 3 hours I returned to myself and called the nurse to take care of my pain (until than that action looked silly)

Few more points: 

The expirience wasn't pleasant

The pain was there all the time and my also my body but it wasnt "my"  pain or "my" body. 

I was under strong kind of hispital drugs for pain

What do you think? 

@ShaharA I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you heal quickly. Only the body experiences pain, but what you are is not the body. You are the awareness that witnesses the coming and going of all pain and suffering.  Put it in it's proper perspective. Remind yourself that this to shall all pass with time.

35 minutes ago, ShaharA said:

The pain was there all the time and my also my body but it wasnt "my"  pain or "my" body

Yes, detach from the pain that the body is temporally experiencing. Use this as a chance to explore what you truly are. Get well soon!