Blind Observer

Uprooting The Leading Causes Of Death

7 posts in this topic

How you can prevent death? what's the best way to be in the best healt possible?

Edited by Blind Observer

This might be a good resource too

@Blind Observer This cholesterol thing is just so wrong. Correlation doesn't equal causation. What about other lifestyle factors? What about the quality of the meat or eggs consumed? These studies are done on people with random dietary habits. Of course, fat and cholesterol are bad on the standard american diet. Eating fat and carbs together is dangerous and causes diabetes. Whereas a well-formulated ketogenic diet does the opposite - reduces inflammation and protects the mitochondria. The brain and all cells of the body need cholesterol for healthy membrane creation and functioning. The body also produces its own cholesterol every single day. The issue isn't food high in saturated fat and cholesterol, it's eating it in conjunction with sugar. 

@quantum Cool guy. I've been practicing something similar for several months now. I undereat during the day, about 200 calories, and then eat the majority of my calories at dinner. Autophagy recycles proteins and promotes longevity. However, I combine it with a ketogenic diet, which is physiologically almost the same as fasting. The increased human growth hormone and reduced muscle catabolism thanks to using ketones for fuel is actually a great way to build lean tissue without being anabolic 24/7, thus protecting against cancers and tumors.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

@Siim Land Do you think that 1 hour of eating is a big difference to eating for 3 to 4 hours a day?

And for how many hours a day to you usually eat, and how much time did it take you to get to this time frame?

43 minutes ago, Siim Land said:

@Blind Observer This cholesterol thing is just so wrong. Correlation doesn't equal causation. What about other lifestyle factors? What about the quality of the meat or eggs consumed? These studies are done on people with random dietary habits. Of course, fat and cholesterol are bad on the standard american diet. Eating fat and carbs together is dangerous and causes diabetes. Whereas a well-formulated ketogenic diet does the opposite - reduces inflammation and protects the mitochondria. The brain and all cells of the body need cholesterol for healthy membrane creation and functioning. The body also produces its own cholesterol every single day. The issue isn't food high in saturated fat and cholesterol, it's eating it in conjunction with sugar. 

@quantum Cool guy. I've been practicing something similar for several months now. I undereat during the day, about 200 calories, and then eat the majority of my calories at dinner. Autophagy recycles proteins and promotes longevity. However, I combine it with a ketogenic diet, which is physiologically almost the same as fasting. The increased human growth hormone and reduced muscle catabolism thanks to using ketones for fuel is actually a great way to build lean tissue without being anabolic 24/7, thus protecting against cancers and tumors.

Might it be wrong as you say, or inaccurate  but what about all the rest? There is a whole list of things that can be prevented, he doesn't says that a plant based diet is the only solution but still one of the best or most effective 

@quantum I don't think there is any significant difference between 1 and 4 hours of eating. Food takes time to be metabolized and digested. You actually enter a fasted state after about 7-8 h of not eating. However, having a 3-4 hour eating window might be more comfortable as it's easier to fit that many calories in. Only having 1 hour would be too hastened and will take out all of the joy. I eat a small amount of calories at noon (about 200, which all come primarily from fat, very little protein and zero carbs) and then have a big dinner for about 2-3 hours.

You definitely have to get used to it, as your body needs time to build up its fat burning engine. If you're already doing intermittent fasting then it will be easier. The starting point for me was 16/8 with 2 meals, one of which was an average sized one with about 500-600 calories. After a while I started doing more 20h fasts and then switched to this one. The best advice I can give is simply plunge in and start.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

I already did explain the issues with claims made in this video somewhere, but I don't remember on what forum LOL

Too lazy to do it once again, so I will give You a spoiler to the question whether veganism is the ultimate answer for all diseases and pain in the world.

No.

And at least I'm not too lazy to share with You my personal "to-self" notes that I use to write on my Twitter and Evernote.

1) Be open minded AND think critically. I know it is easy to believe someone who has MD or PhD next to his name 

It is also easy to follow the current - Majority of people who watched and commented on this video are vegans and want to support what they do, even unconsciously they want more reasons to justify that what they do is good, similar trend on this forum.

Do not count votes, rather measure the arguments.

2) There is no single "best diet" for everyone! Veganism or fully plant-based diet, if You will, is good to choice for ethical (mainly) and environmental reasons. It is not magical nor superior to any other specific diet. 

3) If Your diet consists at least in 60% (I just totally made up that number, but You know what I mean) from whole foods, You have variety in it, You consume sufficient amount of calories and micronutrients, and it doesn't upset your stomach - I really don't see any reason to change it, at least for physiological reasons.

Go check your thyroid, cholesterol, vitamin D, iron (u could also check ferritine and transferrine to easily make sure u dont have hemochromatosis), CBC - basically get yourself whole metabolic panel and consult a doctor to make a specific function test if some numbers are not in check.

And get active. Exercise is the medicine.

You don't need to convert to anything, You can very well try and I encourage You to, but recognize whether You genuinely enjoy the change or hyping yourself up and making a next agenda.

I highly doubt You need to be vegan or on any other concrete diet to become enlightened, at least nothing physiological, that would make a significant difference in my opinion comes in to play is what I'm trying to say.

If there is anything about fully plant-based diet correlated to enlightenment it is either empathetic or non-conceptual then I don't know what it is.