Heaven

Physical pain due to unreleased emotions

3 posts in this topic

I have been suffering from stiff neck and headaches in the last year and a half.
I had some rough time and it probably was the trigger point or I just wasn’t aware of it.

I strongly believe that the main cause of it is unreleased emotions in daily life(Probably my resistance to what is). And probably some rigid beliefs about how things needs to be.

It effects me in many domains in life so I really want to overcome it.

I’m on the path for truth for few years. Meditated for around 1000 hours. But I stopped to do it daily (maybe it’s time to start?)

but it doesn’t seem to solve this issue. I’m not sure why.

Is there a practice that u guys recommend? 
I bought a book that helps me:”letting go” by David Hawkins.

Thanks as always?

52 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

The two can definitely be connected. Cumulative stress creates tension in the body which tends to manifest in the neck area specifically. Try to become more conscious about how your body feels. Become aware of its contracted state as often as possible and work on relaxing all your tensed areas. Use your awareness to scan through the body from head to toe in order to locate where you’re holding on/clenching.

Other than that and general spiritual work, I’d do some neck stretches and self-myofascial release. I also get headaches if neck muscle tension reaches a certain threshold. I like to work my theracane (google it) into my neck and trap muscles to soften it up. It really helps a tremendous amount. Just be consistent with it and stick through the pain.

Good luck.

I really appreciate your comment. Definitely will look into it?

Contemplation into emotions and hatha yoga. Any form of exercise will help.

Maybe start with less intense activities like hatha yoga or tai chi. They will help you develop body awareness. Peter Ralston has an online tai chi class—he’s a master martial artist. Yoga has helped me solve similar problems.

Usually your body starts to hurt due to lack of movement (exercise) and bad posture in the first place. If you’ve been sedentary for months or even years, maybe it’s time to change that. ;) 

Feel the body. A lot of times exercise, good nutrition, sleep, meditation, and breathwork solve the problem. Maybe try the Wim Hof method or take ice baths/cold showers.

Edited by Arzola