Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

A question about Consciousness/Awareness in daily life

4 posts in this topic

Hi there

Through some books, videos, meditation etc. i can be conscious of (my) consciousness or aware of my awareness.

Kind of put the focus on my awareness or that "space"

I've been in and out of spirituality but have been practicing this for the last two weeks as much as i can in daily life.

And it's a nice kind of subtle "feeling".

It's also enjoyable because i get lost in thought/feelings etc. pretty easily and if i put the focus on consciousness much less thoughts etc. pop up

My question is, during activities like jogging, meeting people etc. should one also try to stay conscious of consciousness as much as he/she can.

Or if i'm jogging in the forest should i move my focus mostly to nature and the surroundings etc. and if i'm meeting somebody put the focus mostly on them etc.?

(obviously if i'm jogging in the forest for example there is quite some focus on the surroundings too, even if i try to stay conscious, or else i'd just trip and fall etc.)

Also we're all not on exactly the same path, we all have our own practices etc.  but since i never had a teacher and learned mostly through books and internet etc. i wonder if i'm on the right path with this. So i'm just looking for some insights. :)

It all depends on the general direction that you want your life to go towards.
If you want to dive deeper into spirituality, then it's better to focus on awareness.
If you just want to run and enjoy yourself, the by all means do so.

I don't think that it's possible to dive 100% into one direction. There will be times when you do one thing and times when you do the other. This distinction that some things are more spiritual than other is not accurate. I consider running a spiritual practice where I develop my connection to my body.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

20 hours ago, tsuki said:

It all depends on the general direction that you want your life to go towards.
If you want to dive deeper into spirituality, then it's better to focus on awareness.
If you just want to run and enjoy yourself, the by all means do so.

I don't think that it's possible to dive 100% into one direction. There will be times when you do one thing and times when you do the other. This distinction that some things are more spiritual than other is not accurate. I consider running a spiritual practice where I develop my connection to my body.

Alright thank you for your answer.

I'm trying to do it quite often right now because i'd like to make it a habit and form some neural pathways to make it easier.

this is from google

"Time to create a new habit

Research from the University College of London (alma mater shout-out!) has shown that the average time for an action to become automatic is 66 days. Of course there's a wide range (from 18 to 254 days) and where that number falls depends on a few factors."

https://jenriggs.com/change/how-long-will-change-take/

How often/how long more or less do you put most of the focus on awareness during daily life?

Just now, PurpleTree said:

How often/how long more or less do you put most of the focus on awareness during daily life?

It's not that easily quantifiable, but I'd say 60% of my waking life. It's my number though, so it will most definitely be different for you.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2