Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyubov

Bob Murray, coal operator who fought against black lung regulations files for them

3 posts in this topic

Robert E. Murray, the former CEO and president of the now-bankrupt Murray Energy, has filed an application with the U.S. Department of Labor for black lung benefits. For years, Murray and his company fought against federal mine safety regulations aimed at reducing the debilitating disease.

“I founded the company and created 8,000 jobs there until the move to end coal use. I am still chairman of the board,” he wrote on a Labor Department form that initiated his claim obtained by the Ohio Valley ReSource. “We’re in bankruptcy, and due to my health could not handle the president and CEO job any longer.”

According to sources, Murray’s claim is still in the initial stages and is being evaluated to determine the party potentially responsible for paying out the associated benefits. The Labor Department is required to determine a liable party before an initial ruling can be made on entitlement to benefits. If Murray’s claim were to go before an administrative law judge, some aspects of the claim would become a matter of public record.

The Ohio Valley ReSource confirmed the authenticity of Murray’s claim documents by inputting associated information — including his last name, birthdate and a case ID number — into an online portal maintained by the Labor Department.

In his claim, Murray, who is now 80 years old, writes that he is heavily dependent on the oxygen tank he is frequently seen using, and is “near death.”

https://www.wvpublic.org/energy-environment/2020-09-30/bob-murray-who-fought-against-black-lung-regulations-as-a-coal-operator-has-filed-for-black-lung-benefits

Basically this guy was a coal mogul and a big supporter of right wing politicians and deregulation of the industry including worker safety and supporting benefits such as healthcare if they develop sicknesses from the job. Now that he has gone bankrupt he is filing for these health benefits that he fought for years reducing the financial stability and lives of many of his workers. This is a good example of the "fuck you got mine" attitude many lower stages on the spiral inhabit. He saw the world and humanity as a place to fight over resources instead of working together to make sure everyone is safe and can live a healthy life. 

Typical Toxic Orange. All about himself. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.